Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi, I have been using retin-a .25% (a really low dosage) for about 2 weeks now, in the past 3 days, my skin has started breaking out pretty badly :confused: . its all over my cheeks, sides of face and temples. What I would like to know is how long does this last? One week, 2 weeks, a month? I know I have to go through this "purging" stage, I just hope it dosent last very long. Thanks!

Eva :wub:

For me the breakout stage was bad until week 6, then my skin started to improve, with purging all the way until week 12. However there was steady improvement after week 6, and at about week 8 my skin was improved over it's original condition. I did 12 weeks of 0.05%, and now I am on my 10th week of 0.1%. I am still getting crap pushed to the surface, but, it is less than it was before. I think I have very clogged pores, some people stop breaking out before the 12 weeks. Hope this helps! Good luck, and hang in there!

Hi, I have been using retin-a .25% (a really low dosage) for about 2 weeks now, in the past 3 days, my skin has started breaking out pretty badly :confused: . its all over my cheeks, sides of face and temples. What I would like to know is how long does this last? One week, 2 weeks, a month? I know I have to go through this "purging" stage, I just hope it dosent last very long. Thanks!

Eva :wub:

I've heard people say 2-3 months in most cases. I haven't used it myself however.

I used Retin-A 0.025% cream every night and didn't start seeing improvement until about 14 weeks. I was also taking Doxycycline and started a new BC pill.