Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have been using Retin-a Micro .1% for a year now- and also Nicomide T cream, and Benzoyl Peroxide in the day. I continue to get cysts and some really big "normal" acne as well. However, it migrated to my upper face....I used to ONLY get breakouts on my chin. I have a basically clear chin, but tons of cystic-type breakouts on my upper face.

Anyway- My point is... Since I have been using Retin- A micro for a year, do you think this will help me with the initial breakout? Part of me knows that you really can't predict ANYTHING with Accutane- but I wonder if it's easier on people who have been using different meds prior to going on it. Basically, ur pores arent clean- but they are cleaner than someone who has been doing nothing, or someone who has only used retin-a micro for 3 months or whatever the reccomended time is to see results.

Im so scared of the initial breakout/scarring/red marks. Oy- I hate acne. I'm also scared of the side effects, but I guess it's better to at least try to clear the acne and have a chance at living a normal life again. Thanks guys.

I've been wondering the same thing because I don't really want to continue using Retin-A Micro forever. I have my acne under control right now using RAM 0.1% and minocycline 100mg 2x daily. I'm considering asking my derm to put me on a low dose of generic Accutane on our next visit...

Well in your case, I think you have more of a chance of a mild breakout because you are using both retin a AND an antibiotic. I was on an antibiotic a long time ago and honestly, I saw no improvement. I think it lessened the severity of the breakouts but I still got the same amount. So I stopped using it.

Anyway- I guess no one knows.. Damit!

I have been using Retin-a Micro .1% for a year now- and also Nicomide T cream, and Benzoyl Peroxide in the day. I continue to get cysts and some really big "normal" acne as well. However, it migrated to my upper face....I used to ONLY get breakouts on my chin. I have a basically clear chin, but tons of cystic-type breakouts on my upper face.

Anyway- My point is... Since I have been using Retin- A micro for a year, do you think this will help me with the initial breakout? Part of me knows that you really can't predict ANYTHING with Accutane- but I wonder if it's easier on people who have been using different meds prior to going on it. Basically, ur pores arent clean- but they are cleaner than someone who has been doing nothing, or someone who has only used retin-a micro for 3 months or whatever the reccomended time is to see results.

Im so scared of the initial breakout/scarring/red marks. Oy- I hate acne. I'm also scared of the side effects, but I guess it's better to at least try to clear the acne and have a chance at living a normal life again. Thanks guys.

In my experience, using Retin-A before 'tane probably does minimize the initial breakout, because there isn't as much stuff hiding underneath the surface as there would be if you handn't been using anything. I was on Retin-A Micro for about two years before I started 'tane in August, and I kept using it right up until I popped my first pill. I did have a bit of an initial breakout, but it was NOTHING compared to the one I got when I first started using Retin-A micro. Within a month and a half, I was pretty much good to go.

Thanks Carys! That sets my mind at ease a bit. I had the worst initial breakout from retin a micro EVER.

God it was SO bad. I hope to not have anything like that ever again.

I think my biggest fear is the accutane making acne worse (after taking it..which I assume is rare and maybe not even possible..but some people seem to think it made their acne worse) and also Hair Loss.

I am deathly afraid of losing hair. Im a girl, so it's obviously quite important to me. I think I lose enough to begin with in the shower..nevermind MORE from tane.

ugh.. What to do, what to do.