Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Firstly what does it do and in what form does it come in?

My Skin is not rally effected by acne however i get the occasional pimples. My main concern is the state that my previous acne has left my skin in. My skin is very blothchy and when my skin feels really smooth i look in the mirror and my skin appears very shiny and taught with tiny cracks on the surface. I think the problem is that the top layer of skin is so fucked up that i cant get to the lower ones. Even after i moisturise with a really good moisturiser my skin feels tight.

Would AHA help with the breaking down of the skin and with the blothyness?

I have tried exgoliation but it just irritates my skin more.

it helps to exfoliate the skin. Causes the skin to shed quicker and reveal the new skin underneath.

It should be helpful for what you described Craig.

AHA usually comes in a lotion for every day use or a peel for weekly or monthly use. It can reduce red marks, superficial scars, clear acne and reduce wrinkles.

A good brand for AHA is Alpha Hydrox. I like their Enahanced Lotion and their Oil-Free Formula. Both contain 10% glycolic acid. The Oil-Free Formula goes really well under a moisturizer. To help your skin retain more moisture leave your face damp/slightly wet (not dripping wet) after you cleanse morning/night and apply the Alpha Hydrox and then your moisturizer.

Exfoliating with a facial brush, for example, is good but you might want to add that to your regimin when your skin is not so dry and tight.

*ALWAYS wear SPF 30 or higher when using any AHA product.

Alpha Hydrox links:

http://www.alphahydrox.com/default.cfm?fus...15EC1EDA3201AE0

http://www.drugstore.com/search/search.asp...ch=alpha+hydrox

i just ordered the 10% glycolic acid toner from ddf.. i cant wait to use it.. i have heard good things about it.. you might want to give that a try.

Brandy and Fuman is right! :D It also gives smoothness, clarity and tone on the skin. Pores are more clean, spots/marks fade during weeks time.

Give the product a good strong month and results are very pretty. :D

is it safe to use in the long run?

I've used Alpha Hydrox for 2 years straight after it came out in 1994?. Years ago. I got no symptoms or any aftermath of problems.

Should be safe it comes from a sugar cane?

Thanks heaps for all the help guys, i will be sure to grab some of this stuff asap.

The only problem is that i live in Australia and i cant find a website that will ship the Alpha Hydrox Brand to australian shores.

Anybody know of places that will ship to Australia?

I found 1 place which sold the Alpha Hydrox brand oil free gel which sounds just the thing. They were selling it for about 11 bucks but the shipping would have cost $45. ?

Anyway any help would be appreciated. Thanks dudes and dudettes.

Do you think the Natural AHA Fruit Acids with Apricot Exfoliating Mask from Aubrey Organics would work as good. I don't know the percentage of glycolic acid in it, but the ingredients are all natural.

Craig 1 $45 is way too much for shipping to Australia. You shouldn't be charged more than $18-$20 at the most. Which store said shipping would cost $45?

The website is Americanrx.com im pretty sure.

Im getting really frustrated because this sounds like exactly what i need and i cant find the shit anywhere. I have to use my mums credit card so i have to justify the cost everytime.

I want to go for the Alpha Hydrox brand because its in gel form and my skin has trouble absorbing creams and stuff.

Getting angry now.

Well, drugstore.com ships internationally through another website, but I don't know how much they charge because I would have to sign up again through their international site with an international address which I do not have. Anyway, they DO ship to Australia so it is worth a shot. Below is the link to the Alpha Hydrox Oil-Free Formula with COMERXIA (drugstore.com's international website).

http://www.international-orders.com/shop/p...&catName=header

Step 1 add the Alpha Hydrox to your cart and click "checkout".

Step 2 click the "please go to international shipping" link located below the sign in windows

Step 3 follow the steps listed for international customers for checkout

Step 4 before confirming your order you will know the full amount with shipping costs

Step 5 if the shipping is too much don't confirm your order. If it is reasonable let us know how much they charge

I hope this helps you. Let us know.

Thanks heaps,

i went to the site and they charge about 32 bucks for shipping which is better than 45 i guess.

It will cost about 55 in total so if im gonna order it through them i may as well get 2 orders of the stuff so the shipping doent seem so much

Thanks heaps mate.

has anyone had any luck with Neutrogena's Multi-Vitamin Acne Treatment? It has an AHA plus BHA pluuusss vitamin A, E, B5, and fruit extracts. Sounds like it's all ya'd need......."sounds" like. :think:

You are more than welcome Craig 1. I found another site with yahoo shopping called MedShop Express and they ship internationally and shipping costs start at $22. That might also be an option.

here is the link for the for the Alpha Hydorx Oil-Free

http://store.yahoo.com/physlabs/037630.html

here is the link explaining their shipping

http://store.yahoo.com/physlabs/shipping.html

Kiss My Face skin care line has the best AHA moisturizers.

Try the Aloe and Olive one or the Peaches and Cream 4% one. They also have the 8% one but it may be too harsh for the skin.