Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hicks

Tired of acne, advice would be greatly appreciated!

Hello there, this is my first post, hehe.

Iam 22 years old, male, from the UK. I have sufferd from Acne, since i was about 15, never really got rid of it. it's not to bad these days, but i still get a few, and sometimes 4 or 5 at once.

I have pretty dry skin. When i wash, or have a shower, it goes really dry. The type of spots i get, are the yellow one's. Sometimes as well, they start out as a big red bit, and then they turn into really big yellow spots, and they hurt.

I have never really tryed anything to get rid of them, no anticbiotcs or anything, and ive never seen my doctor about it. Iam seriously tired of it now, and i want to put a stop to it. All of my mates have complete clear skin.

I just wash my face twice a day, with warm soapy water. I sometimes put toothpaste on a spot, as sometimes it seems to work.

What should i be doing, and why do i still get these spots?

Thanks in advance

I'd recommend moisturizing. Find a good, OIL-FREE moisturizer you can apply morning and evening, and after you shower. I had dry skin and acne too, and I just put harsh acne washes on my skin, causing it to dry out even more. When you're skin's super dry, it flakes off more than it's supposed to, and these dead skin cells clog your pores, hence causing pimples. Also try washing your face with a very mild soothing cleanser, like cetaphil. Also, no more toothpaste :P it seems to work because it'll dry out the spot, but if you dry it too much, you're just clogging your pores again. Try and use a little benzoyl peroxide on the spot instead. :)

Thanks for the reply. No more toothpaste, ok. I do moisturise, it's just Vaseline Intensive Care Essential Moisture, for dry skin. Says non greasy on it, so i take it it's not oily.

I also forgot to say i only ever get ance around my mouth area, mostly on my chin, and just to the sides. I never get any on my cheeks, or my forehead. Why is this? :(

Thanks for the reply. No more toothpaste, ok. I do moisturise, it's just Vaseline Intensive Care Essential Moisture, for dry skin. Says non greasy on it, so i take it it's not oily.

I also forgot to say i only ever get ance around my mouth area, mostly on my chin, and just to the sides. I never get any on my cheeks, or my forehead. Why is this? :(

Hmm...I used to use a moisturizer that said non-greasy as well, that does not necessarily mean oil free. It made me break out. :(

lol, that's where I used to get mine too! Just on the chin, back when it was mild :rolleyes: I don't know why this is, but sounds like it's pretty mild, so keep on moisturizing, applying BP to the spots, and smile. :angel:

Yeah it's mild, but still not happy.

BP, where can i pick this up in the UK. Just ask at a chemist?

Hey im 15 living in usa. I have blotchy skin around my chin area but it seems to be going away lately.. i only get them occasionaly when ever i get a really bad rash/dry skin those sorts of things. Overall my face breaks out.. lol i control it every day and with consistency i am loving the results. I am currently doing my regimen and im using cetaphil antibacterial cleansing bar. (your chin could also be pimply because of the way you eat or something like u could be a messy eater and get it all over ur mouth or something.. hehe.) it works really good but as you proceed on it gets a little overwhemling and dries out part of your face so thats why im using eucerine daily moisturizer. Its light and very very soft if u apply before bedtime. But my skin could be different from yours because im only 15 and a girl and you`re like much older and ur`e a guy. But i know other older people using the cetaphil soap bar so you should try that.. following through with a daily facial mask every now and then. Keep this simply thoughts in mind end it`ll be clear in no time

Got a new one, can feel a small red saw bump. What kind of spots are these, they are the one's i normally get.