Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TommyGrlie321

so confused with accutane

Today is week 13 that I've been on accutane. I havent seen any improvements, just more breaking out. My dermatologist is surprised by this. I end accutane in March. If this medicine is only a 20 week period than how are people on it for 6 months? I dont understand. My derm said that a lot of cases the acne doesnt clear until after I stop takin the pills. Do u think he'll put me on creams or sumthin? My face is just so bad still. =( or maybe ill just get another course. idk, im confused and saddened by this. any1 with advice, please write back. thanks <3

Today is week 13 that I've been on accutane. I havent seen any improvements, just more breaking out. My dermatologist is surprised by this. I end accutane in March. If this medicine is only a 20 week period than how are people on it for 6 months? I dont understand. My derm said that a lot of cases the acne doesnt clear until after I stop takin the pills. Do u think he'll put me on creams or sumthin? My face is just so bad still. =( or maybe ill just get another course. idk, im confused and saddened by this. any1 with advice, please write back. thanks <3

that's what? 5 months? you still have time to clear...........i'd ask him/her to go on the 6 month plan like I did

Im on my last month and pretty much clear.........it didn't really clear up tho until like the end of the 3rd month 4th for me

and I don't know about clearing up after your done taking accutane :doubt: it should clear up WHILE your taking it ...........since it leaves your system after a short bit your done your course

but yeah he'll probably put you on like retina micro or something after your done if you still have the spots

good luck hope it clears ;)

no that is also true. Alot of ppl clear up after treatment, some of my friends said it works a lot after your done, but the more you take now in dosage the better that will be