Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AmberLynn

Friday the 13th sounds like a good start date to me!

Chickenpox- Thank you for that. I, in no way shape or form, tried to make it every seem like I had bad acne. I know I do not. But the acne I do have is persistant, and I did try everything else before accutane.

I was just cracking up about all this...in most places in the world everyone is trying to be prettier than everyone else, but here....it's a big fight about WHO'S UGLIEST!!!

I'm ugliest!

No, I'm ugliest!

WAIT, No I'm ugliest!!!!!

You're not ugly enough to join our club...go get uglier!! :lol: So silly!!

I think it's wonderful to have you here and as long as it makes you feel good...it's all good!!

Have a great weekend!

P.S. I'm ugliest, though. hehe

Hi AmberLynn,

I've new to the site so I thought i'd stop by and say hi and congrats on the progress. Seems like Accutane's really working for you. I've been following your log as a non member and am pleased to see your skins improving. I wish mine was at the stage! Ah well it will be eventually I hope. The thing that really stuck out from your log was that you are so upbeat and don't seem to let the acne get you down. What a fantastic attitude. I must admit that i've let acne rule my life on far too many occasions. Sometimes it seems better to cancel a night out rather than feel self conscous all night. Hopefully accutane will be my answer.

Anyway congrats on your progress so far. I'll be following the rest of your log.

Take care

Chicken- I know what you mean!! Its opposite of a beauty contest, hahahahaha! I love it. :D

Nikki- Glad to see you are following my journal, I wish you the best of luck on accutane if you do decide to take the plunge!! (I highly reccomend it!) ;)

DAY-----> 1 MONTH 1 MONTH woo hoo!! hahahaha :dance:

ACNE: :)

Its looking pretty good, I have a bigger clogged pore on the lower right side of my face and I got a pimple on my forehead! HOW STRANGE! I never get pimples there!! Besides that, there is not even any healing pimples today, just scabs. I also have noticed fewer clogged pores, but this could all change, of course. 80mg starts tomorrow, dum dum dum!

SIDE EFFECTS: :boohoo:

Dry lips, of course. My skin is getting a tad bit drier, but my face still has quite a way to go to be considered dry. The rash on my hands is so gross! I look like I have some strange disease. I have been slapping on the aquaphor like its my job, so lets see what happens to this evil thing.

Hope everyone is doing positively swell! haha

DAY 31 (the first day of 80mg)

ACNE:

Well that clogged pore turned into a MASSIVE pimple with no help from me, wow, its a doozy. I also have a little one on my forehead and one on my upper right cheek bone. I do not know if this is accutane or this time of the month causing this. Aye aye aye....Lets just say I look horrible when you add these new lovelies to the scabs. Oh well, it will pass!

SIDE EFFECTS:

The rash is still hanging out and my lips are dry. Thats about it.

BAD STORY:

Spent the night at the boyfriends, no big deal. This morning, I knew my face looked awful, so I ran to the bathroom to shower and get ready before he woke up. Well, it did not work. He walked into the bathroom before I put on my makeup so I quickly hid my face. He was like, let me see, I am your boyfriend. blah blah, and I started crying. I was terrififed. I did not want him to see, and he started saying "do you think I am that shallow to think of you and less because of pimples and some scabs" but this did not matter, I was so embarrassed. He made me show him anyway and I am so upset because he has perfect skin and I do not see what me showing him my face did...

I think you have a great boyfriend, he sounds like the kind of person who could care less about imperfection...and I'm sure he has a set of his own that he feels just as strongly about! He just sees the beautiful person you are. I have always been terrified to have anyone see me "the morning after". I would frighten anyone out of the building!

hah. But he loves you! It's not like you are some stranger!!

I think you are beautiful, even with a few pimple and scabs. You won't have to worry much longer!! Accutane is doing it's job...have faith!

Hi Amber,

I was just reading what you wrote about your boyfriend. I totally feel your pain! My log for today has a similar story, though I didn't have the guts to show my bare face to my guy. The thing is, I know he can see my imperfections right through the makeup. How could he not? And he still tells me I'm beautiful. :redface: Maybe he's lying, but I don't mind ;)

Anyway, it sounds like you two have been together long enough for you to know that he really does care about you!

Take care.

~Tina

Amber,

Thanks for keeping such a detailed journal. I am freaked out about starting Accutane because I have no idea what to expect (more breakouts? dryness? flakyness? red face???) Ahhhh, I don't even want to think about it. I think I will just sit back and enjoy the ride. (yeah right)

But, reading about your experiences has been helpful. Please keep us up to date. You are very lucky to have someone so close to help you through these rough times.

DAY 32 DAY 2 of 80 mg

Ok, first of all, thank you so much, to everyone, for providing me the support you all have. :wub: This weekend, my face looked worse than it ever has before. I got these whitheads that did not look like a big deal but when I tried to drain them, they were deeper than I even knew possible. The seed from my cyst on my chin finally came out after all that time, thank god. :D

ACNE:

I currently just have one active and 8 scabs. The active is a weird one, unlike any I have ever had before. I think it will be gone in a day or so, thank God. What I find strange is that I ALWAYS break out this week, its like clockwork but the pimples were much more evil this time around. They were deep, hurt pretty bad BUT they were really easy to extract. Usually, my pimples never come out easily. Oh, and my scabs are taking FOREVER to heal so I look ridiculous. Happy Valentines Day, eh? haha. I am so lucky to have my boyfriend. He would find me beautiful no matter what and he really makes me feel better when I am feeling my worst. :wub:

SIDE EFFECTS:

This rash SUCKS. I look like some diseased person. My hands feels so bumpy and dry. Its weird. I am keeping on top of moisturizing but to tell you the truth, its not doing much. My face still isnt dry. A normal light moisturizer does the trick easily. I also still need to use powder...hmmm. Hope this 80 mg kicks in quickly! I know its working as the type of acne I am getting is different, I have the dry rash on my arms, my legs are dry and my lips are ridiculously dry, but not unmanageable, yet. ;)

I have 30 days until we hope on a plane for Vegas, at this point, I am not feeling too positive about it. What if I keep getting worse?

hey there amber!

Yeah, I had that rash too - there's some horrific pics of it on my log! I found that some moisturisers made it worse, if they had any perfume in at all. But the Dove moisturiser gets rid of it straight away for me. If it refuses to budge, ask your derm about a light steroid cream to treat it.

Much love and luck,

BettyCherry xxx

DAY 32 DAY 2 of 80 mg

Ok, first of all, thank you so much, to everyone, for providing me the support you all have. :wub: This weekend, my face looked worse than it ever has before. I got these whitheads that did not look like a big deal but when I tried to drain them, they were deeper than I even knew possible. The seed from my cyst on my chin finally came out after all that time, thank god. :D

ACNE:

I currently just have one active and 8 scabs. The active is a weird one, unlike any I have ever had before. I think it will be gone in a day or so, thank God. What I find strange is that I ALWAYS break out this week, its like clockwork but the pimples were much more evil this time around. They were deep, hurt pretty bad BUT they were really easy to extract. Usually, my pimples never come out easily. Oh, and my scabs are taking FOREVER to heal so I look ridiculous. Happy Valentines Day, eh? haha. I am so lucky to have my boyfriend. He would find me beautiful no matter what and he really makes me feel better when I am feeling my worst. :wub:

SIDE EFFECTS:

This rash SUCKS. I look like some diseased person. My hands feels so bumpy and dry. Its weird. I am keeping on top of moisturizing but to tell you the truth, its not doing much. My face still isnt dry. A normal light moisturizer does the trick easily. I also still need to use powder...hmmm. Hope this 80 mg kicks in quickly! I know its working as the type of acne I am getting is different, I have the dry rash on my arms, my legs are dry and my lips are ridiculously dry, but not unmanageable, yet. ;)

I have 30 days until we hope on a plane for Vegas, at this point, I am not feeling too positive about it. What if I keep getting worse?

Ask your derm for some samples of samples of anti-rash or something lotion. I got some and the rashes on the back of hands have dispersed.

hey amberlynn! i Have to agree with everyone and say it sounds like you have a GREAT boyfriend! you're so lucky! And good luck on the 80 mg, I'm sure you'll be ok though!

Seriously, girl, the first thing I thought of is how jealous I am that you have such a great boyfriend!! Does he have any cute friends? ...in Utah??

Haha. Best of luck with the newest initial breakout. I still think you are gorgeous and i bet your bf does too! Keep your chin up. You are further along than me, lucky girl! :)

Happy Valentines Day, my loves!! :wub:

Tennessee- Thanks for the comment, I always love hearing from you. Hmm, utah...my friend luke holloway is there in Salt Lake City but that is about it!

Anne- Same goes for you, I love you girls and am so glad you are here with me!

K-mart and Betty- Thank you so much for the advice, I stopped by the derms after lecture and she gave me some steriod cream to kill it. She said its VERY normal.

The boyfriend and I are going to PF Changs tonight and I am super excited (for those of you not familiar, its japenese food cooked at your table) I got him 2 wireless X-box controllers because he doesnt like corny gifts, haha. I do like corny gifts, though... hehe Here is a pic from last year for ya'll, I had been on mino for 4 months and was virtually clear...until, the next month when it all went to hell! haha, oh well, that is what accutane is for!!

[attachmentid=3550]

DAY 33

ACNE:

Thank goodness!! Thats all I have to say. Looks like the flare up could have been hormonally caused. Its all over now and I am looking smooth once again. No clogges pores even! I have one bad scab and 4 other ones. No big deal with makeup. I am happy because I did not want my face ruining V-day pictures! I want this to be the upswing for me, so badly!

SIDE EFFECTS:

Dry lips are there, of course. Dry skin in coming!!!!! My rash is still hanging out, but I have weapons to fight it now. Also, my back is achy (that time + accutane = no fun for my back!)

Have a great great Valentines Day everyone, whether it be with your husband, wife, boyfriend, girlfriend, friends, or dog (cat)! Thanks for everything guys!!!! :D

post-31746-1139947758_thumb.jpg

post-31746-1139947758_thumb.jpg

Hi Amber,

I am sooooo glad to hear that you are happy with your face today. And that's great that you got something for your rash---hope the cream takes care of it SOON. Your guy is cute but you are GORGEOUS!!! One day in the not too distant future, you are going to be back to the way you were. I think you have nothing to worry about...you'll be crystal clear for your Vegas trip!

Woo Hoo for you!!! Happy Valentine's Day!!!

~Tina

:wub::D:angel:

Damn, a girlfriend that actively promotes videogaming?! I hope your bf counts his blessings :D

Glad your breakout seems to have subsided. I'm thinking that's what its going to be like - wake up one day looking awful, wake up the next and it's gone. Acne seems to just dry up very quickly.

1 month down for ya - good milestone to be at! Hope it keeps going well for you.

Your BF sounds so nice. :wub: It's funny becasue whenever I talk about how awful my skin is my husband who has perfect skin is like "huh, what are you talking about?" Yeah whatever like you can't see the big huge zits all over my face. I think they just see past it. I hope you have a yummy dinner at PF Changs tonight. HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!

Yummmmmmmmmmmmmm!!! I LOVE japanese food! They are building a "Stix" near me...it's a Japanese Steakhouse like yours.... Has anyone ever heard of them? Not sure if it's independant or a chain. I am PSYCHED!!

So glad all is well for you these last few days...you needed a change of motivation! Happy Valentine's Day!!

Hey people!! Thank you so much for all the nice comments, it makes me feel so loved. I really appreciate it!! :wub: I hope everyone enjoyed their nights last night!!

DAY 34

ACNE:

I am actually looking very nice today. No bumps at all and the scabs are flaking off, one by one!! yay! I only have 3 tiny scabs, and one nastier one, but its on its way out, too. No clogged pores which THRILLS me but at the same time, my face does not feel stable, once again. It is oilier again, WEIRD, because I upped my dose and it is itching like CRAZY!!!! Is a breakout coming? hmmm, I wonder.

SIDE EFFECTS:

Today, actually, it is just the rash on my hands (getting better) and my dry ol lips. My nose and chin got oily again!!! This is so freakin weird. I thought 80mg would dry me up like a freakin prune!

IN OTHER NEWS:

Valentine's Day was LOVELY! I got a big stuffed dog and lots of candy, mmmm. hahaha. This morning I had my follow up interview with Whirlpool for product marketing and I freakin nailed it. I answered every quiestion eloquently and intelligently. I was so happy. If I get this internship I will be one happy girl, working for a Fortune 500 company ALL summer!!! :D

wow thats great that your skin is doing so great and its still early for you. i didnt clear up until the end of the 4th month, and now i couldnt be happier with the results!

Hey AmberLynn, how bout some pics! Who cares about the people who bash you for goin on tane. Lets see some progress. lol. Sure you look great. Pic of your hands maybe?

Hi amberlynn and everyone.. juz curious to know that is 80 mg per day a high dosage? i started 20mg/day since 18th jan 2006 for the first month and 50mg/day for the 2nd month.. i weight around 72kg..

Hey pretty girl! Glad you had a great valentine's day... if you want to hear about my hellacious one, check my log! haha... but I am seriously jealous that you have such a great guy! And I am SO proud of you for nailing that interview. It is so hard to go into an interview when you feel like your face looks like junk! It is so amazing that you are confident enough to go in and smile and get through it and hopefully get the internship! (I bet you will... you are adorable!)

Anyway, love and kisses! hope you have a super-fun president's day weekend. Doing anything fun with the beau?

Hey guys! Thanks for all the nice comments, once again!!

Jessie- I am so happy you are finally clear, I have been watching your progress and you look amazing now!! I hope I am clear by the 4th month!

206- I will open my album back up soon, I need to take more pictures of my skin when it is bad so I do not get bashed so badly for being on accutane.

Sori- Yes, I do believe 80mg is a high dose, especially for someone my weight, but some derms do a high dose for a shorter time and some do a lower dose for a longer time. All that matters is how many mg per kg you get in the end.

Tennessee- hahaha, I read about your dates from hell. You are too cute and too funny!! And it did not matter that I looked bad because it was a phone interview!! The job is 5 hours away from school! Yay for me, my face to face is in March so hopefully I will be clear by then! hahaha

DAY 35

ACNE:

I just have one tenny tiny blemish on my chin and that is it! woo hoo! Well, I keep talking about my face because my body doesnt bother me but I have two small pimples on my chest and a few of the kind you can scratch off on ymy back accompanied by a decent cyst. I hope it leaves soon, BUT I really just care about my face to tell you the truth.

SIDE EFFECTS:

My lips are dry and I am oily as can be!! WHAT GIVES!?! hmmmm, very strange. My rash is almost gone which makes me happy as it no longer looks like I have some sort of disease. :clap: