Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AmberLynn

Friday the 13th sounds like a good start date to me!

Thanks Bobbi! It actually is already feeling a little bit better.

OH! and that small bump I talked about earlier is now gone! How cool is that!! haha :clap:

ya I know what you mean by things can change drastically...Within one hour I can have like 10 whiteheads pop up, and then all be gone within like 5 hours...

But it sounds like your doing good!!! GOOD LUCK!!... I think my first month is going to be hell because all of the sudden I keep breaking out everyday more and more...

Jeez, my lungs are killing me! I do not know if any of you have ever had pnuemonia, but, that is what I feel like. I hope this doesn't last.

DAY 11

Acne:

I developed a very small, barely risen bump on the right side of my face, sort of right in the middle. The place on my jaw that used to be a cyst turned into a small white head and I gently squeezed it and it is completely flat again. No redmark even. My skin, i have to say, feels more unstable today (tingly/itchy in parts) like a breakout could be around the corner. Lets just get this over with!

Side Effects:

The lips are definatly more dry today than they have been. My skin was oilier today than yesterday. My damn lungs hurt! Thats about it folks.

Have a good day everyone! :D

Thanks for posting on my log...we do seem to have similar stories... oops, I just realized that i am on day 11 not 10 cause we started on the same day. Wow I am loosing track already, lol. my lungs have been hurting too...i hope it is just another coincidence. Bye Bye acne for us!

DAY 12

Acne:

None, just some healing scabs still. My skin looks worse today, though. Oily and gross is what I would call it. I didnt even use a moisturizer before makeup!!

Side Effects:

None.

*********A good thing I learned for my lips is this... After showering put on a thin layer of a good lip ointment (do not use chap stick because it will end up drying them up more!! Use burts bees, soft lips, etc). Then, lighty run your toothrush over them which gently exfoliates the dead skin. After this, apply aquaphor to them and hopefully they will end up juicy like mine!!****** I have suffered through years of dry lips and this always works for me so I hope it can work for you all! ;)

Hola all!

DAY 13

I am not in nerarly as good of spirits today. I sadly feel that the IB is on its way. :cry:

Acne:

Yesterday after posting, I developed 2 small deep bumps. They were no bigger than the head of a pin, but they were sore. One was on my left cheek, one on the right. Matching....how cute! hahaha. The left one is worse today, the right almost gone. My skin is looking a tad bumpy, sort of equal to what it looked like before...millia ridden. I am bracing myself. :(

Side Effects:

My lower back is a little sore but nothing too bad. Lips are still doing well and my skin is still so oily on my nose and chin. My lower cheeks have dried out but not too bad. :)

I have 17 more days on 40mg and then I get bumped to 80 mg. I am excited about this. Hopefully 80 will push everything out really quickly! I ant to be near clear on March 14th!! That is 8 and a half weeks on accutane. Do I have a chance? :think:

Hola all!

DAY 13

I am not in nerarly as good of spirits today. I sadly feel that the IB is on its way. :cry:

Acne:

Yesterday after posting, I developed 2 small deep bumps. They were no bigger than the head of a pin, but they were sore. One was on my left cheek, one on the right. Matching....how cute! hahaha. The left one is worse today, the right almost gone. My skin is looking a tad bumpy, sort of equal to what it looked like before...millia ridden. I am bracing myself. :(

Side Effects:

My lower back is a little sore but nothing too bad. Lips are still doing well and my skin is still so oily on my nose and chin. My lower cheeks have dried out but not too bad. :)

I have 17 more days on 40mg and then I get bumped to 80 mg. I am excited about this. Hopefully 80 will push everything out really quickly! I ant to be near clear on March 14th!! That is 8 and a half weeks on accutane. Do I have a chance? :think:

Holla! So you happy to be on accutane? I read earlier that you needed some courage to take your first pill lol. I'm on month two of 80mgs and its been fine. Nothing really has happened except some rashes on my hands and arms. I put aquaphor on like 5 times a day. And dont be sad! your so hot :shifty: you should have no qualms about life. You'll be able to navigate this like a breeze so dont worry about a thing.

Thanks k mart! :wub: hahaha. And yes, I am happy to be on accutane, and I am glad to hear you are doing well. PM me some recent pics of yourself so I can see your progress!

I cannot freakin believe how oily my face was today. With everyone else, when did the mass amounts of oil end for ya'll? Its killing me.

No one ever responds to me... :cry: haha its ok, I will just call my derm about my oil.

WEEK 2 WEEK 2!!!! woo hoo!

hahaha, how exciting! 2 weeks down, many many to go!

Acne:

I am looking good today! No actives and everything is healing quite nicely. Actually, those tiny bumps I mentioned yesterday are smooth today. This is a very good thing as I want to look nice for my action packed weekend! :D

Side Effects:

I am still dripping oil, gross, yes, I know. Besides that, I just woke up with a mild headache that subsided substantianally after my lovely shower. :thumbsup:

No one ever responds to me... :cry: haha its ok, I will just call my derm about my oil.

WEEK 2 WEEK 2!!!! woo hoo!

hahaha, how exciting! 2 weeks down, many many to go!

Acne:

I am looking good today! No actives and everything is healing quite nicely. Actually, those tiny bumps I mentioned yesterday are smooth today. This is a very good thing as I want to look nice for my action packed weekend! :D

Side Effects:

I am still dripping oil, gross, yes, I know. Besides that, I just woke up with a mild headache that subsided substantianally after my lovely shower. :thumbsup:

Hi Amber:

I think that by week 3 I was oil-free. I LOOOOVE it. It's such a bonus for us oilies. No blotting, no shiny face, no greasy hair. Ahhhhhh.

Congrats on the no active zits!! That's definitely a quick clearing. :)

J

hmm facial oil, i was rid of it after the first pill really, its been dry city for me.

but wow, that lung stuff is real strange, its not even one of the listed side effects that are categorized as rare.

its interesting that your derm put you on accutane when you have very mild acne, people have hella hard time trying to get prescription for this thing, funny enough, mine pressed me to it even when i showed all signs of not wanting it.

anyway, good luck amber, i'll be reading your progress to the end!

Thanks JC! I think my derm put me on for mild because it is so persistant. I have been on so many things and nothing completely cleared me. She felt this was a good enough reason to put me on it. I have been seeing her forever and she advised me to do it now before I am off my parents insurance, you know!? I had never even heard of it when she first put me on, but I love it so far! We'll see how it goes...

DAY 15

I cannot believe this...I got up, looked in the mirror and could barely tell that I did not have cover up on!! ahh, so I was brave enough to hit up the groccery store, sans makeup!!! ahhh! You have no idea how happy this makes me. Sure. I didn't look good (a little scab and a few pink marks), but I did not look bad, either. I will take it! :thumbsup:

ACNE:

No actives, and I still have that healing scab on my right cheek. Last night I felt two little bumps on my right cheek but there are no traces of those suckers this morning. My goodness do I love Accutane!! :D

SIDE EFFECTS:

I am not feeling any today, as of yet. I am not AS oily, but that can all change very soon. Damn oil... why won't you leave me alone!!! :shrug:

Amberlyn.....can't believe neither of us are having that dreaded breakout....my morning get ready time has decreased so much...i never wear ponytails cause of my skin, but guess what? i am wearing one now!!!! I assure you the oilyness will stop soon...i have five friends who went on it and had dripping oilyness....by month two they were dry dry dry. Here's to us being rid of the beast!!!!

:D My morning time has decreased a TON, too. I used to be on the clear skin regimen and that took forever. I shower, get out, moisurize and take about 10 min on makeup rather than a half of an hour! I love it!! :wub: My boyfriend claimed before he couldn't see most of my pimples but today he said, "Wow, your skin looks so good! I can't believe that medicine has done so much already!" My roomates have also been complimenting me a lot, so I am very happy that I look better to my close ones. I was worried that only I was seeing a difference!

OH OH! Please someone answer this. On Feb 10th, I start 80mg per month. Will my bill at the pharmacy double, or just increase slightly? Its $69 with insurance which still hurts, I cant deal with 140 a month.... :cry: HELP and please respond...

Oh, and hoe do I insert pics into my log? I just get that http: box, and if I type in the url where the pics are located, if just keeps those words and does not show a pic...

Hey guys! Thanks for all the replies and best wishes. Sassy, yes, I know I do not have bad acne, but, I have been seeing the same Derm for 5 years and she wants my acne to completely go away and for me to stop breaking out every few weeks. I also have some milia and she says that accutane will get rid of it. Is this true anyone?

Anyways...

DAY 2

I took my first pill last night after a delicious Italian meal at Papa Vinos with my wonderful boyfriend. I was literally shaking before I took it and almost backed out, but all I had to do was think of 5 months from now and not worry about the next few months. Of course I did not feel at all different but I did wake up at 3:30 AM with a terrible belly ache. I do not know if it was from the med or from worrying in my sleep. My skin is basically clear right now and 3 of the milia looking bumps on my upper right cheek came to a head...(weird, they have been there forever) They are flat now. My skins moisture level is still the same which is pretty dry. I was in the Southern Carribean last week and I am sort of peeling on my nose and the rest of my skin is dry so hopefully it will be a smooth transition into the dryness coming from accutane. Is it foolish to wish and hope for no initial breakout?haha :D

1) thats a good derm you have then!

2) Im gonna pray I don't get the initial breakout either if my derm will let me get on accutane when i go in, in a day...! Scares me because I have heard of stories with mild go to severe painful acne for the initial breakout from accutane... (not to scare you or anything though)

MY DOCTOR SAID THERE SHOULD BE NO REASON FOR AN IINITIAL BREAK OUT

Thanks for your post! I am so glad that you are clearing up so quickly! When I read stories like yours I am hoping for the same effects on my own face. I have oily skin too, but the Erythromycin I have been using has stopped that a lot. We will just have to see..

And no, I think it's great that you're hoping not to have an IB. I am hoping too... I'll keep my fingers crossed for both of us! :)

Can anyone please answer me...

On Feb 10th, I start 80mg per month. Will my bill at the pharmacy double, or just increase slightly? Its $69 with insurance which still hurts, I cant deal with 140 a month.... HELP and please respond...

Oh, and how do I insert pics into my log? I just get that http: box, and if I type in the url where the pics are located, if just keeps those words and does not show a pic...

Just wanted to let you know that I think you are SOOOO pretty! You remind me of my best friend in college, and it's so funny, because we used to do "thirsty thursdays" together!! Haha

So glad you seem to be doing well!! Keep us posted!

wasted wednesdays all the way!

Alright, so, this is...

DAY 18

Acne:

I am definately getting fewer pimples. I notice that the little bumps that may pop up during the day go down by the next morning which definately gives me something to smile about. I was clear for a few days and I got a pimple on my right cheek bone, its medium sized and most of it is under the skin, and I am hoping it stays under the skin until it heals!! haha, heres to wishing!! Also, my skin's texture is not looking AS smooth anymore, it is a tad bit bumpier and it just looks dull.

Side effects:

Lips=REALLY DRY AND PEELY! hahaha, its only really bad in the morning. Its nothing I cannot deal with. My skin is getting a little bit drier. I notice it has a tight feeling and I need 2-3 applications of lotion before applying my makeup as opposed to the 0-1 applications I was using last week.

I REALLY HOPE I SKIP THE INITIAL BREAKOUT!! These tiny breakouts, I can deal with! ;)