Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AmberLynn

Friday the 13th sounds like a good start date to me!

Hey everyone! Some may know me from my clear skin regimen log and as you can tell, it didnt work out all too well for me! haha. I am starting accutane tonight with dinner, 40 mg a day for 1 months and 80mg a day for 4 months for a total of 5 months. I am a 21 year old female.

What have been on?

Doxycyclin

Monocyclin

Proactiv

Evoclin

Benzaclin

Retin A Micro

Differin

And every over the counter med available!

History?

I always have about 2 pimples on my face and for a week out of a month I break out terribly. My derm thought we could stop the acne from the meds above, but nothing ever really worked. This year has probably been the worse for my skin. I have a lot of under the skin bumps and that is probably my biggest problem. Lets see how this goes.... I have had acne for 7 years

Current situation?

I currently have 1 small pimple on right cheek, one on the bridge of my nose and one on my chin, all small. This is a good week for me. I also have about 15 bumps that you can feel when running your hand across my face. (cant see them though...)

What am I using?

I will be using Jan Marini face wash, Glytone Clarifying Conditioning Cream, and for my lips, Neostrata. My derm gave me these three products. I am starting on January 13, Friday the 13th and will be done June 13th, for summer! Wish me luck! :D

Best of luck with accutane, im in the second week of month 3 and im seeing small improvement after a horrible breakout. You'll no doubt have ups and downs, which your probably aware of. Im hoping *touch wood* that i've had the worst of it now. My derm has me on roaccutane for 4 months and says that should be enough for it to go as i have mild to moderate acne. Whatever you do, dont pick whilst on accutane! My photos should help to prevent you, it rips the top layer of your skin off and makes a real mess! Hope it works for you.

anyday is a good time to start accutane,, hehe good luck with everything. I'm on second month of my tane, so far not bad.

I remember seeing your gallery a while back and thinking that you have beautiful skin so I must say I am shocked to see you in this forum. But I guess if you've tried everything ,there's not much left but Accutane. Best of luck, I think you'll find lots of support here!

Hey guys! Thanks for all the replies and best wishes. Sassy, yes, I know I do not have bad acne, but, I have been seeing the same Derm for 5 years and she wants my acne to completely go away and for me to stop breaking out every few weeks. I also have some milia and she says that accutane will get rid of it. Is this true anyone?

Anyways...

DAY 2

I took my first pill last night after a delicious Italian meal at Papa Vinos with my wonderful boyfriend. I was literally shaking before I took it and almost backed out, but all I had to do was think of 5 months from now and not worry about the next few months. Of course I did not feel at all different but I did wake up at 3:30 AM with a terrible belly ache. I do not know if it was from the med or from worrying in my sleep. My skin is basically clear right now and 3 of the milia looking bumps on my upper right cheek came to a head...(weird, they have been there forever) They are flat now. My skins moisture level is still the same which is pretty dry. I was in the Southern Carribean last week and I am sort of peeling on my nose and the rest of my skin is dry so hopefully it will be a smooth transition into the dryness coming from accutane. Is it foolish to wish and hope for no initial breakout? haha :D

Hey guys! Thanks for all the replies and best wishes. Sassy, yes, I know I do not have bad acne, but, I have been seeing the same Derm for 5 years and she wants my acne to completely go away and for me to stop breaking out every few weeks. I also have some milia and she says that accutane will get rid of it. Is this true anyone?

Anyways...

DAY 2

I took my first pill last night after a delicious Italian meal at Papa Vinos with my wonderful boyfriend. I was literally shaking before I took it and almost backed out, but all I had to do was think of 5 months from now and not worry about the next few months. Of course I did not feel at all different but I did wake up at 3:30 AM with a terrible belly ache. I do not know if it was from the med or from worrying in my sleep. My skin is basically clear right now and 3 of the milia looking bumps on my upper right cheek came to a head...(weird, they have been there forever) They are flat now. My skins moisture level is still the same which is pretty dry. I was in the Southern Carribean last week and I am sort of peeling on my nose and the rest of my skin is dry so hopefully it will be a smooth transition into the dryness coming from accutane. Is it foolish to wish and hope for no initial breakout?haha :D

1) thats a good derm you have then!

2) Im gonna pray I don't get the initial breakout either if my derm will let me get on accutane when i go in, in a day...! Scares me because I have heard of stories with mild go to severe painful acne for the initial breakout from accutane... (not to scare you or anything though)

hahaha I have heard that too!! ahhhh! Well, the derm said she would give me 100 dollars if I got a bad breakout as she said my pores are pretty clean from everything else we have done. We shall see... Good luck to you, hi everyone! I hope you get accutane!

Hey everyone! Hope everything is going well today for everyone. I am watching the Colts right now and becoming depressed, it you are from the US and like football, especially the Colts, you know what I am talking about. Aye...

DAY 3

My back hurts!! ahhhh! My knees and elbows bothered me in my sleep, too. Strange. I did not expect side effects to happen yet! I had another belly ache in the night but I still cannot determine if it is accutane related or not. As for acne, I have not gotten any new ones BUT it seems like all of the milia looking bumps are coming to little heads. So, I just lightly squeezed them and within an hour they are flat. I like this as some on these tiny bumps I have had for 2 months. My skin is actually retaining more moisture now than it was the day before I started Accutane. I like this! My lips are not dry yet and I have had a dull headache for the whole day. It sort of feels like I have a weak hangover to tell you the truth.

Thats it for now! Go Colts!! :D

ah...one more strange relation. i, too, am on an alternating 40/80 mg dose, AND i am from indiana too. naptown, actually. not watching the colts game, however.

where you from?

I started a day before you so we'll probably going through the same things together! The only difference is they automatically started me off on 80 mg/day. Best of luck to you!!

Amber, told ya I check out your new log. :) Any way good luck. Oh and sorry about the Colts, not a big football fan but my husband was sure screaming and yelling at the tv yestrday. Not a happy camper!

DAY 4

Aye, I am not feeling so good today. :( BUT Bobbi its so nice to hear from you!!!

Acne:

My chin is breaking out, well, more like my jaw under my chin and they are painful! I also have little tiny hard bumps next to my nose on the right side (2 of them). My face just feels gross. I didnt think I would break out already but then again, i usually do break out in this week anyway. Who knows.

Other Side Effects:

My bones hurt! It is killing me. I am also really oily. Blech. I want to be dry! hahaha I also am pretty itchy. These are my side effects but they definately could be amplified in my head.

Goals:

My goal is that I have a semi clear/completely clear face on March 15th when I go to Vegas with my boyfriend. That is 61 days into treatment. I have my fingers crossed. PLEASE LET THAT HAPPEN!! hahaha.

I hope everyone else is well this evening and in good spirits! Now back to my massive amount of homework only 2 weeks into the new semester, sheesh...

Day 5

Hello all! I have a break from my hellish days of classes so I decided to post right now as I probably wont get time later as its my boyfriend and my 2 year anniversary today!! yay! haha

Acne:

I have a small bump on the left side of my chin and a matching one on the right, a small one on my jaw, a huge (well, size of a pencil eraser, I guess) under the skin painful one on the bottom of my chin that you cannot see but it sure HURTS, boy does it hurt!! Besides that, things are looking good. Perhaps i will only break out on my chin and jaw for the initial? That would be pretty cool! ahh, dreaming again! Oh, and I had a pimple on my chest develop the day before accutane, and its completely gone now. I never really get body acne so this was weird!

Side Effects:

I am feeling pretty darn good today! No trace of a headache and my body does not hurt half as bad. My lips didnt need chapstick today but I did notice that my face got less oily. I needed a little extra moisturizer this morning and when I came home and did an oil blot paper there was barely any oil on there...cool! haha :D My right thigh feels as though I did a strenuous exercise which I did not. I wonder if the pain in my muscle is a side effect.

I do not know if anyone else has this happen but lets say I take the pill at 6 pm. By 9 or 10 I always get one or two little whitheads. Coincidence? I dont know. hmmm. Something to ponder.

The type of acne I get is changing, I usually never got the little easy to get rid of pimples, instead I would get a few tiny millia looking bumps and some bigger bumps that could not be squeezed. Now, I get these little simple pimples which are so easy to deal with and cover up. I like them much better. I do not really know if I have ever had a cyst...if I have, they are the ones that stay under the skin like the one I have under my chin right now.

Well:

Time for my final lecture of this long long day and then out for some Don Pablos con mi amor. Sounds like fun eh? Happy Anniversary to me!!! :wub:

Happy Anniversary![/color]

Well hopefully it continues to to go well for you. that would be great if you only got the tiny pimples and only on your chin and jaw. I will keep my fingers crossed for you.

Ahhh! Guys! I dont know what to do! That painful one on my chin is definately a cyst. I iced it last night and now it doesnt hurt but its definately still there. You cannot see it but you sure can feel it. What should i do? I heard these things scar and I have never had a scar from acne before. Help! :cry: (I will update progress later)

Ok...so....

DAY 6

Acne:

I have one teeny tiny white head on my lower right cheek, one healing pimple on the bottom of the left sie of my chin and that evil under the skin cyst on my jaw. I am going to the derm tomorrow morning at 8 am to get a cortisone shot and that should take care of that sucker by the weekend. Maybe then I can wash my face and chew without pain! ouch! :(

My face looks pretty darn good with makeup. Since I went on my cruise 2 weeks ago, you cant even see any of my old red marks! AND my face had quite a few millia bumps that are now smooth! woo hoo! I am really scared as it seems that everyone gets the worse in week 2 and 3 and I hope I do not get any cysts on my face and if they do come, please stay on my jaw! Please please.... :pray:

Side Effects:

A little dry but...THATS IT! The oil is definately going away and my 1000 IU's of Vitamin E must be working because I barely need chapstick or lotion! I am feeling very normal today. :)

My boyfriend got me a beautiful diamond heart bracelet for our anniversary and we had a great time last night! :wub: Me him and my cyst, hahaha just kidding! He doesnt even know its there! hahaha Have a great night guys. :D

haha "you, him, and the cyst" that made me laugh...but ya I saw you mentioned your chin was breaking out... My chin is too... I have like a nasty red bump with a head that is under the skin...hurts so bad!

Well good luck...Were on our way!

Hola! I just got back from the dermatologist and I am in much better spirits! She injected that evil cyst on my jaw and its already feeling better! :dance:

Acne:

Everything is healing nicely and is flat EXCEPT a little bugger next to my nose on the left side. Its tiny, though, so I do not mind. Hopefully that cyst is gone for the weekend although it really doesnt matter because you cant see it but it sure did hurt! ahhh! I am bracing myself for the IB but, on a good note, this week is the week I always break out in and the pimples I did get were not that bad AT ALL, not like usual. This makes me happy! :D

Side Effects:

NONE!! :D My lips are even nice and juicy today! haha (This could all change very quickly, though!)

The cyst is shrinking by the minute and that makes me really really happy! Bars tonight for Thirsty Thursday! Does every college do thirsty thursday?? Anyways, sober driver for me! hahah have a good night all! :D

Oh, and I changed my dumb name! No more henderal! hahaha

DAY 8

Acne:

Here is some good news! Today is the first day in a long time that I did not get a new pimple!!! woo hoo! Are things looking up for a while?? Oh I hope so. My skin is so soft and smooth. I love it!

Side Effects:

None still! Yeah, I know this is boring. I will only update changes now. With accutane, things can change drastically within hours!

I hope everyone else is doing well tonight. Dont party too hard! Off to the bars I go... :D

Hey people! I just popped my 10th pill after a wonderful lunch of mac and cheese and I decided to update.

DAY 10

Acne:

None, just two little scabby places from where 2 pimples peeled off a few days ago. My face is incredibly smotth, I love this. The bad thing is that I will get used to this beautiful skin I have at the moment and then wake up with 20 million pimples! I have never ever had this clear of skin. I dont have any clogged pores or any milia for the first time since the beginning of high school. That cyst went completely away last night and there are no signs that it was ever there, so, that is good!

Side Effects:

The dryness is slowly creeping in. My nose and chin are still oily as can be BUT my cheeks and forehead are feeling tight and looking a little flaky. My body is also getting increasingly dry and require an application of lotion once I hop out of the shower. Besides that, the only other thing I feel is some weird thing with my lungs. I have no idea if its accutane related but if I lay down, and then sit up, it feels like someone is sitting on my chest and it takes a few moments to catch my breath. Hmmm, anyone else ever feel like this? It is a little scary.

Jeez, my lungs are killing me! I do not know if any of you have ever had pnuemonia, but, that is what I feel like. I hope this doesn't last.

DAY 11

Acne:

I developed a very small, barely risen bump on the right side of my face, sort of right in the middle. The place on my jaw that used to be a cyst turned into a small white head and I gently squeezed it and it is completely flat again. No redmark even. My skin, i have to say, feels more unstable today (tingly/itchy in parts) like a breakout could be around the corner. Lets just get this over with!

Side Effects:

The lips are definatly more dry today than they have been. My skin was oilier today than yesterday. My damn lungs hurt! Thats about it folks.

Have a good day everyone! :D

Well it sounds like everything is going pretty good for you, besides the lung thing. Kinda odd, hopefully it will go away.

Thanks Bobbi! It actually is already feeling a little bit better.

OH! and that small bump I talked about earlier is now gone! How cool is that!! haha :clap: