Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chris1982

Cleansers and Beta Hyrdoxy on the Regimen

hi,

Dan doesn't recommend any medicated cleansers to use with the Regimen. Using too many medicated products can increase irritation, which can actually worsen acne.

How long have you been on the Regimen? Which products are you using and how are you using them? The people I've seen report on Spectrojel all really love it.

I was using ProActiv for a year, and switched to the Regimen 5 weeks ago. I've never had bad acne, just mild breakouts once a month, with about 4-6 pimples on the chin area.

I stopped using ProActiv because of the ingredients, and it was losing its effectiveness.

Ever since I started the Regimen, it's been working great. I've gotten 1, maybe 2 pimples, but that's life.

Another problem I'm having is the BP...I was finishing my ProActiv BP, and everything was fine...

I just got 4 bottles of the CSR Gel BP, and used it twice, and it burns/turns the chin reddish.

I researched and found out it's the Potassium Sorbate preservative causing the irritation. It's a salt, and can cause irritation, exzema, and other skin rashes and irritations.

I'm stuck with 4 bottles of this Gel, and no more ProActiv BP that was working great. I am considering applying smaller amounts of the CSR Gel for a few days and hopefully it works, but no other BP's have ever irritated my skin except for this one, which I think is due to the Preservative.