Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sweetheart

my experience and a question

Hi, I am new to the fourm, and wanted to share my experience since using Dan's Regimen.

I have had acne for about 30 years (yes I am 45).. I had some luck with antibiotics and topicals but never had completely clear skin. Just happened upon Dan's website, and I have to say it has been the best thing I have tried!

I have cleansed my skin and used the products recommended for about 4 months, and have found out a few helpful things for myself and hopefully others:

1. Rinsing my skin longer that recommended in the Regimen seems to help prevent the bleaching of towels, etc., while removing more of my makeup. I am still very gentle as Dan recommends!

2. Using a damp plain cotton "round" makeup remover on my face a few times a week after washing and rinsing gently exfoliates the dry skin wthout adding extra chemicals to my skin. It does not seem to aggravate the acne . Tip: you can get a large number for a very cheap price at Costco. Plus, I tear them in half to use less. Although I prefer not to use something once and throw it away, I prefer this to prevent bacterial contamination

3. I stopped using the AHA after realizing that it was irritating my skin too much and worsening my acne!

4. Petroleum jelly ie, Vaseline is a great moisturizer, and contrary to the long standing myth, it does not cause acne but actually helps it because it heals the outer skin layer. Many commercial products may say that their product is non comedogenic, but still may have ingredients that cause irritation. You can type in petroleum/acne into a search engine to read this information. My skin was very good, but is now totally clear since I have switched to petrolem jelly as my moisturizer. It also takes less time to apply than a lotion.

My Regimen:

1. Wash with CVS brand of Cetaphil Moisturizing Cleanser.

2. Mildly rub with damp cotton round after rinsing, and before drying 3 times a week.

3. Apply Dan's CSR gel.

4. Apply thin layer of Petroleum Jelly to dry areas.

5. Use Queen Helene's Mint Julep Mask 2-3 times a week for extra exfoliation and to cleanse pores.

Thanks to everyone who takes the time to read.

P.S.

One question: Has anyone had problems with the Basis Sensitive skin bar? I noticed it has almond oil in it, and I was not sure of it being used on skin with acne? thanks!

I'm so glad you are having great success w/ the regimen. Quick question for you. Do you use the vaseline even in the morning? Doesn't it make your skin greasy? Thanks.

I'm so glad you are having great success w/ the regimen. Quick question for you. Do you use the vaseline even in the morning? Doesn't it make your skin greasy? Thanks.

I have been using it in the morning, but not on my nose, as it does seem to make my face greasy for a while. It does absorb some after a while, and I use powder to calm down the shiny affect. .Also, I sometimes use a tissue to blot up any excess.

Guest WhiteWater
Hi, I am new to the fourm, and wanted to share my experience since using Dan's Regimen.

I have had acne for about 30 years (yes I am 45).. I had some luck with antibiotics and topicals but never had completely clear skin. Just happened upon Dan's website, and I have to say it has been the best thing I have tried!

I have cleansed my skin and used the products recommended for about 4 months, and have found out a few helpful things for myself and hopefully others:

1. Rinsing my skin longer that recommended in the Regimen seems to help prevent the bleaching of towels, etc., while removing more of my makeup. I am still very gentle as Dan recommends!

2. Using a damp plain cotton "round" makeup remover on my face a few times a week after washing and rinsing gently exfoliates the dry skin wthout adding extra chemicals to my skin. It does not seem to aggravate the acne . Tip: you can get a large number for a very cheap price at Costco. Plus, I tear them in half to use less. Although I prefer not to use something once and throw it away, I prefer this to prevent bacterial contamination

3. I stopped using the AHA after realizing that it was irritating my skin too much and worsening my acne!

4. Petroleum jelly ie, Vaseline is a great moisturizer, and contrary to the long standing myth, it does not cause acne but actually helps it because it heals the outer skin layer. Many commercial products may say that their product is non comedogenic, but still may have ingredients that cause irritation. You can type in petroleum/acne into a search engine to read this in

formation. My skin was very good, but is now totally clear since I have switched to petrolem jelly as my moisturizer. It also takes less time to apply than a lotion.

My Regimen:

1. Wash with CVS brand of Cetaphil Moisturizing Cleanser.

2. Mildly rub with damp cotton round after rinsing, and before drying 3 times a week.

3. Apply Dan's CSR gel.

4. Apply thin layer of Petroleum Jelly to dry areas.

5. Use Queen Helene's Mint Julep Mask 2-3 times a week for extra exfoliation and to cleanse pores.

Thanks to everyone who takes the time to read.

P.S.

One question: Has anyone had problems with the Basis Sensitive skin bar? I noticed it has almond oil in it, and I was not sure of it being used on skin with acne? thanks!

I have to agree that petroleum jelly is the best moisturizer ever!

It gets rid of dryness and flakiness that acne sufferers get.

Even when not using BP, sufferers skin naturally generates hydrogen peroxide.

Petroleum jelly also seals the skin from staph infections and reduces acne as this study showed...

http://cat.inist.fr/?aModele=afficheN&cpsidt=3097361