Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Veen

Im not gonna get rid of my blackheads and whiteheads like this

I believe in the diet and acne relation. :) But eating and drinking whats good for me (healthy) isnt gonna clear up my light to moderate acne. I have got an awful lot of blackheads and whiteheads. Cleansing my internals might help, but I dunno... I got cysts and pimples as well, I do think some foods cause more of those, but its hard to figure out. And I dont want to be avoiding all those nice foods whole my life!

So like all Im doing for my acne at the moment is try eating well (and supplement). I dont use any topicals. Getting some pimples, sometimes a cyst. Maybe its the nuts :razz: trying that now, by eliminating them from my diet.

I will try to do cleanses in the spring, but more for my total health and digestion. But now I want to go for the topicals (again, but now good lol).

Im wondering if the members of the diet/holistic forum have tried Dans regimen? Or do you all believe in the eating healthy and cleansing for clearing acne? I dont think Im ever gonna get rid of these damn blackheads and whiteheads that way.

Do you think Dans regimen works on the long term? I can figure the answer is no, bacause else you wouldnt be here. Or another possibility is that you have severe acne and that cant be cleared with Dans regimen.

Well my question is what do you holistic people think of the regimen?

BP really is not the best thing for blackheads/clogged pores, as perhaps you've noticed. If I were you, I'd use a topical retinoid, like Tazorac, Differin, RAM, Green Cream or Diacneal. This will greatly help to unclog your pores, which can make it appear that you are more oily in the beginning (since fewer clogs are holding in your oil) but this should improve over time. Be sure to use an SPF on any topical A treatment. Another huge plus of this is that (unlike BP) topical A's are good for antiaging as well, so you skin will be looking good long term.

As far as the regimen goes for black/whiteheads...it didn't work for me. Too much BP made me pink...but I had a mild acne problem anyways.

As for clearing all those blackheads/whiteheads, I use a SA 2% cream which worked great...but B5 really got rid of them quick. Stopping oil is the key to stopping blackheads. They'll always return no matter how much BP you use. But I have been avoiding dairy and my B5 dosage is 2g/day...which has been working like a miracle. 10g/day is a bit much and thankfully I think my diet has allowed me to consume less of a dosage.

Hey Veen,

My skin is very similiar to yours, I've got a LOT of whiteheads, some blackheads and cysts and pimples from time to time. Well, I tried Dan's regimen for my skin: it was terrible. My face went all red and looking very irritated, apart from that, the BP I used (not Dan's though, it was 5%) did not became invisible as it dried, resulting in white stripes etc.

I noticed you're from Holland, well so am I. The thing is: they don't sell 2% BP here, so I had to do it with 5%. I must however say it did clear my whiteheads up a bit, but somehow I felt like they became invisible as a result of the extremely dry skin, like they were just right underneath the skin. Anway, I held on for over 3 months, but after my skin actually started to develop wrinkles and cysts were still forming I called it a stop.

About that instute you're talking about in your other post, I wouldn't go into sea with them (to use a Dutch expression in English ;-)), it sounds like swindle to me.

Take care!

I would definitely try topicals before you try colon cleanses and whatnot.

I've never had a problem with blackheads but I do have a lot of perpetually clogged pores, and had tried everything on them and nothing worked -- eventually I assumed that they were just impossible to clear and nothing would work anyways. But I started using the aspirin mask for acne and the olay microdermabrasion/peel kit for skin tone and these products together really, really help. They keep my pores clear and nothing else ever has. The aspirin mask is just a few uncoated aspirin tablets disolved in aloe, so it's dirt cheap. The micro/peel is about $30 but definitely worth it.

The only thing that has slowed down my cysts is duac. I rarely get one now and I used to get one every other day. It's benzoyl peroxide plus clindamyacin. You could try some other topical like plain bp, or an h2o2 cream (I used one and it was effective and gentle, but nothing compared to duac). Keeping my pores clear with the aforementioned methods of exfoliation plus glycolic acid (in the form of the avon anew "peel" used most nights, but there are plenty of other options) prevents the smaller breakouts, and the duac prevents bigger ones and cysts.

Yeah well, I started the topical regimen today. Im pretty confident. Will keep you posted :P