Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
All_business

BP Gel, hot showers, and moisturizer

I have a couple of questions about the BP gel. I just started to use the BP Gel and im on my second day. Seams to be working ok still a little to soon to tell. A couple of things I was wondering about is. Does a shower on the hotter side effect your skin and the gel. Also because I just started I have only been using a small amount of BP gel and do not feel the need to use any moisturizer. My skin is not all that dry and looks fine with just adding the gel. I was using Metro Gel prior to this and switched right over with no break so mabey that has something to do with it, and my skin is already use to it. Any input ould be great. Thanks

I wouldn't recommend using real hot water on your facial skin. If you enjoy a really hot shower, just use it for your body, but when it comes time to wash/rinse your face, just use warm.

And yes, use that moisturizer. It can sometimes take a few days before people notice their skin is becoming dried out from the bp, using a moisturizer from the beginning can prevent this from becoming too bad.

sometimes at the end of the day my skin is some what shinny. i thogth that mabey not using moisturizer would help? also will using moisturizer help with some redness? let me know and thanks for the hot water info. i was thinking that after I got out.

sometimes at the end of the day my skin is some what shinny. i thogth that mabey not using moisturizer would help?

It might, but BP can be very drying if you don't use moisturiser.

i thought i wouldn't have to use moisturizer the first couple of days, but around day 4 my face started getting really really dry. so use moisturizer even if you feel like you don't need it. it helps to keep your skin in balance too.

Guest chon_bon

i don't use moisturizer. my reason... perhaps because i don't need it. after i apply the CSR gel, my face feels perfectly fine, not dry at all. another reason i don't use moisturizer is because it feels very unnatural to have so many layers of chemicals on your skin at once. as if the BP isn't enough already. and maybe my last reason, moisturizer should be applied within 3 minutes after a shower to keep the moisture in your skin. waiting until the bp dries takes roughly 10 minutes; by then, all the moisture is gone from the skin... well, at least this is how i understand it to be.

nah I don't think thats true, i think moisturizer creates moisture because theres water in it. I read somewhere too that its better to apply moisturizer a few minutes after a shower while your face is still damp in order to trap the moisture in but it works when your face is dry after applying BP too.

if you dont have a moisturizer using dans regimen it isnt dans regimen anymore, your basicly appling a substance to your skin that can literally shed peoples skin right the fuck off so you better lube up my boy

if you dont have a moisturizer using dans regimen it isnt dans regimen anymore, your basicly appling a substance to your skin that can literally shed peoples skin right the fuck off so you better lube up my boy

I dont moist the non-dried skin, and it stil works..boy

I have oily skin, so for awhile I didn't moisturizing after applying bp. This is how it was when I was a teenager using Clearasil, then ProActiv, and even at first with Dan's bp gel. In fact, when I was using Clearasil, I applied moisturizer first, then put on the bp afterwards because it would help reduce the shine. I had improvement with my acne, but still always had a few breakouts, which I was fine with.

Once I started applying moisturizer though like the Regimen says, that is after the bp has time to completely dry, my skin cleared like nobody's business.

So for best results, you should use moisturizer.