Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

ok a lot of people in the gallery say that their face is crap and when you actually see their photograph

they are like almost clear????????why do they pretend like they hav aweful skin

Guest tenshigirl25

ok a lot of people in the gallery say that their face is crap and when you actually see their photograph

well i dont have awful skin anymore...but i don't say that i do. i think anyone that knows me, knows by now ive been on accutane..

im just physcologicaly fucked i guess..lol

acne and acne scars dont really show up well on cams sometimes. Thats my excuse

they have probably had acne sometime in their life and suffer physologically now. theres nothing wrong with posting clear pics. unless of course they are just here to rub it in, altho i dont think anyone here is like that. :) just because they're on an acne site doesnt mean they still have it.

Guest tenshigirl25

yeah and everyone is diiferent..some get paranoid over 3 zits and others have it more serious..but everyone is freaking out, we all have that in common...plus, everyone keeps saying how their acne came back after accutane...so who knows..

Well clearly you can see that all but one picture's of my gallery show clear skin when it's not clear. Think about it, why would they bother to search up acne on the internet if they have always had clear skin? It's because they feel like their skin is 3 times as bad as it appears to be by other people, or they have sufferd through some type of acne.

If you don't have the balls to post an acne pic, don't bother posting a clear pic.

It just makes people self conscious and defeats the purpose the gallery should serve.

I'm tired of looking at people's best-foot-forward, fuzzy-wuzzy glam shots on the internet anyway. That's not what you look like, everyone knows it, and the shit's old.

If you don't have the balls to post an acne pic, don't bother posting a clear pic.

It just makes people self conscious and defeats the purpose the gallery should serve.

I'm tired of looking at people's best-foot-forward, fuzzy-wuzzy glam shots on the internet anyway. That's not what you look like, everyone knows it, and the shit's old.

of course its what u look like. what cant speak cant lie. yes someone cud have photoshopped acne out or it cud be a crap quality pic but u still get the idea of what one would look like

Guest tenshigirl25

not too sound vain, but i think i look a lot better in real life then my webcam pics..it's the only camera i have right now.. im always kinda disapointed they dont come out clearer.. and i never took a photo of my shitty skin b4, why would i want too? considering i come on here everyday and have a shitload of posts while doing accutane, im just posting my pics..in the members gallery..not the CSR, Scars or accutane galleries. The guy who made this site, Dan,has made a great acne site and he doesn't have b4 and after pics of his acne..and yet he's managed to become this successful..

And Nuevo Wavo, about 90% of your posts make ppl feel like shit anyway... i'd love to see clearer ppl on here all the time, that's why we are here. if ppl want proof, they can go and search my 1st post back in June when i registered..my skin was probably up there with the worst of them..

Guest <*>

People post clear pictures of themselves and say they look like shit when they know they don't so they can get praise of other people.

Guest tenshigirl25

People post clear pictures of themselves and say they look like shit when they know they don't so they can get praise of other people.

maybe some do...u don't know what's going on inside ppl's heads though...just to clear it up for myself, i dont think i look like shit..if u dont like my photo,, then dont comment on it,, i mean geez, im the top poster for today, i made no.1..lol..i dont come on here for nothing...so i post a few photos, 90% of ppl here are positive about it..those with a problem are just bitter. my acne probably gonna come back after this course anyway..ill be sure ot post my acne ridden face then if it happens..just to shut certain ppl up.

not too sound vain, but i think i look a lot better in real life then my webcam pics. im always kinda disapointed they dont come out clearer.. and i never took a photo of my shitty skin b4, why would i want too? considering i come on here everyday and have a shitload of posts while doing accutane, im just posting my pics..in the members gallery..not the CSR, Scars or accutane galleries. The guy who made this site, Dan,has made a great acne site and he doesn't have b4 and after pics of his acne..and yet he's managed to become this successful..

And Nuevo Wavo, about 90% of your posts make ppl feel like shit anyway... i'd love to see clearer ppl on here all the time, that's why we are here. if ppl want proof, they can go and search my 1st post back in June when i registered..

You're missing the point.

People like you make a mockery of what the gallery should be about. You are using it purely to get an ego boost, which under normal circumstances would be perfectly fine. But think about at whose expense your ego boost comes.

Put yourself in the position of someone who turns up at Acne.org thinking they have found this terrific resource and, maybe, finally a place where they might feel comfortable showing their face for once. Then they flip to the gallery and what do they see? A bunch of pictures of cleared skinned people posting cheesy glamour pics.

You are a prime offender, too. It's not like you just posted one or two or 5 pictures so people could put a face to the name. You post dozens and are constantly seeking approval. I'm not picking on you, though, because you aren't alone.

PS -- Don't know what you mean about my posts. Who did I make feel bad?

Guest tenshigirl25

well, i dont se it that way, because i had cystic type acne and mainy whiteheads all over my face..just because u dont have the b4 proof to make u feel better, not my problem.

go and search my posts back ot the beginning if u really want proof. if there are new ppl here that want to look at th gallery then i have seen many pictures of ppl with acne. if they want to straight out assume that im clear skinned with no history of acne then that's their opinon..move on..

ok, i will admit, ive gone overboard with my photos and maybe i should tone it down considering its an acne site...but im not on here purely for compliments, although of course it's nice to get them....i never even used to take photos of myself i was so repulsed by my reflection..so its a nice change but i also do it because im ither bored or just to show ppl my new photos.. im not some newbie here...

yeah and u always have something strange or negative to say, no offence..not all th time..but thats just what i assume about u as u do about me..maybe im wrong?

yeah, but im gonna take a fw photos down..because i nver really thought about it that way..

Guest funkychicken

The gallery is an open invite for spiteful people giving childish remarks (and in tenshi's case, stalkers). I don't understand the purpose of it and what people get out of it.

everything's relative. BUT you have to be sensitive to your audience.

for example, i have one friend who is overweight. i'm 5'9" and have a pretty hot body from running and lifting, except i dont have a six pack and want one. to certain friends, i'll gripe about it and say i'm fat. to the fat friend, i never say a word. it's just insensitive to do that.

sometimes i feel if i were really a good friend i would b/c it's more genuine, but i think if you know something is a major issue for someone you should air on the side of caution.

The gallery is an open invite for spiteful people giving childish remarks (and in tenshi's case, stalkers). I don't understand the purpose of it and what people get out of it.

An ego boost? Reassurance? Support?

Theres lots of potential things people can get out of the gallery. But you knew that anyway.

Because in certain people's opinions, its horrible...i hate my acne.

yeah peoples judgement of what they are vary

3 spots could equal 100 spots for another person etc

People like you make a mockery of what the gallery should be about. You are using it purely to get an ego boost, which under normal circumstances would be perfectly fine. But think about at whose expense your ego boost comes.

Put yourself in the position of someone who turns up at Acne.org thinking they have found this terrific resource and, maybe, finally a place where they might feel comfortable showing their face for once. Then they flip to the gallery and what do they see? A bunch of pictures of cleared skinned people posting cheesy glamour pics.

You are a prime offender, too. It's not like you just posted one or two or 5 pictures so people could put a face to the name. You post dozens and are constantly seeking approval. I'm not picking on you, though, because you aren't alone.

I absolutely agree. When new people turn up at this site, they want to relate. They want to feel they don't stand out here, in contrast to real life. To anyone who disagrees with what Neuvo wavo was saying: Put yourself in the position of someone who is feeling rather depressed because of their skin and arrives here. They want support from people going through the same thing as they are. But then they look in the gallery and see that everyone else looks fine compared to them, or so they think. They're going to feel alienated. They might not want to partake for fear of being outcast, as stupid as that sounds.

I think all galleries should have a limit of one clear (or "after") picture for every 3 acne pictures. But that won't happen, so mneh.

I absolutely agree. When new people turn up at this site, they want to relate. They want to feel they don't stand out here, in contrast to real life. To anyone who disagrees with what Neuvo wavo was saying: Put yourself in the position of someone who is feeling rather depressed because of their skin and arrives here. They want support from people going through the same thing as they are. But then they look in the gallery and see that everyone else looks fine compared to them, or so they think. They're going to feel alienated. They might not want to partake for fear of being outcast, as stupid as that sounds.

I think all galleries should have a limit of one clear (or "after") picture for every 3 acne pictures. But that won't happen, so mneh.

I do agree that some people overdo it

but it is so wrong for people to post clear pics if it makes there confidence a little better? i'm sure they're not comfortable with where they're at with there skin so I can't blame them for that

I dunno tho, this topic brings up too many arguments

I know it can be frustrating to see people with clear skin, when you're on an acne message board. the thing is, we're all here united for a common reason-we all are dealing with acne and for those of us that have the acne under control, I'd like to see everyone giving props and not getting upset that they have clear photos in their gallery. I can see both sides of this, and I think it can sometimes be good to remember that we're all on a team here, not individual members trying to compete with eachother. :)

:pray:

I hope that I see clear photos of all of you one day...

I do agree that some people overdo it

but it is so wrong for people to post clear pics if it makes there confidence a little better? i'm sure they're not comfortable with where they're at with there skin so I can't blame them for that

I dunno tho, this topic brings up too many arguments

The confidence boost need only come from one clear pic. Not an array of flawless skin shots.

I know it can be frustrating to see people with clear skin, when you're on an acne message board. the thing is, we're all here united for a common reason-we all are dealing with acne and for those of us that have the acne under control, I'd like to see everyone giving props and not getting upset that they have clear photos in their gallery. I can see both sides of this, and I think it can sometimes be good to remember that we're all on a team here, not individual members trying to compete with eachother. :)

:pray:

I hope that I see clear photos of each and every one of you all some day!!!

Well precisely, we are all a team (I like your use of that word in this context, btw) on acne.org. The gallery is for acne.

Well precisely, we are all a team (I like your use of that word in this context, btw) on acne.org. The gallery is for acne.

I gotcha...I didn't realize you were discussing the gallery spot on the board, compared to individual member galleries (which I think it's ok to post clear photos.) I can understand your perspective if there are people posting in the acne gallery with their clear pics or non-acne related pics. do you have any specific instances you can link so I can check it out? I would probably agree that the acne gallery board wouldn't be the best place to post clear pics. :think:

I gotcha...I didn't realize you were discussing the gallery spot on the board, compared to individual member galleries (which I think it's ok to post clear photos.) I can understand your perspective if there are people posting in the acne gallery with their clear pics or non-acne related pics. do you have any specific instances you can link so I can check it out? I would probably agree that the acne gallery board wouldn't be the best place to post clear pics. :think:

Ummmmm....I'm not sure I understand what you're saying...heh....

Individual member galleries? You mean like regimen logs and stuff? Yeah, any crap's fine there. But the main gallery should be acne-focused. It shouldn't be a free for all.

I don't want to draw attention to specific instances because that will only result in the people concerned becoming irate, flaming, etc. But I reckon if you have a quick browse, you'll probably find a couple of suitable examples.