Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zack_ckaZ

Why do i have to wait fo 15 minutes before applying the BP?

Just wondering... why do we have to wait for 15 minutes after we have washed our faces before applying the BP? Dan says in order for the skin to dry. But i know for a fact that after skin has been washed, the pores remain open for the next three minutes. we want the BP to be absorbed into the skin right? so why not just pat the skin dry with a towel then apply the BP right away? Dan?

Thanks!

Zack. :)

I pat my face dry and then let it air dry only long enough so that it feels -- dry! This is rarely 15 minutes for me. I also take the time in between to moisturize my eyes prior to applying BP.

okay, thanks for the comment. i would like to hear what Dan has to say though. i'm thinking of doing what you do -just wait until it feels fry, but i don't wanna have a breakout and think that the cause is that i didn't follow Dan's procedure to a T. you know...

This is just from years of trial and error. For whatever reason, the regimen seems to work best when you wait for your skin to completely dry in between steps. Depending on the humidity of your house it can take anywhere from probably 5-15 minutes. For me it usually takes at least 10 I'd say. My usual advice is to just trust the regimen 'til you're completely clear. Wait the alotted time between steps. Then you can change 1 variable at a time such as waiting less time between steps.

This is just from years of trial and error. For whatever reason, the regimen seems to work best when you wait for your skin to completely dry in between steps. Depending on the humidity of your house it can take anywhere from probably 5-15 minutes. For me it usually takes at least 10 I'd say. My usual advice is to just trust the regimen 'til you're completely clear. Wait the alotted time between steps. Then you can change 1 variable at a time such as waiting less time between steps.

Thanks Dan. really didn't expect you to answer my question. i have nothing but kudos for you. how you help so many people just because you WANT to, and not because of some other agenda. i'll definitely trust the regimen then and do every single step as listed. again, thanks a lot man. :clap: