Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Could someone please recommend me a toner with gylcolic acid in it. The only one I have ever seen or used is the toner in the klear action package, but it cost 20 dollars and I dont use the bp gel or the cleanser in it.

Could someone please recommend me a toner with gylcolic acid in it. The only one I have ever seen or used is the toner in the klear action package, but it cost 20 dollars and I dont use the bp gel or the cleanser in it.

sorry, but the only alcohol-free, decent percentage glycolic acid toners are proactiv's and it's knockoffs. Unfortunately, the dermatological lines that one would expect to have good alcohol-free glycolic acid containing toners don't have toners. :( I've searched since I hate having to buy the kit or pay shipping..

Reviva labs makes a glycolic acid toner, but I didn't find it effective - the percentage in it must be a lot lower.

Drugstore.com sells the klear action toner alone for $9.99 - it's the only place I've seen it...if you're buying other stuff or multiple bottles at a time, it'll be worth it (otherwise it'll be $15 after shipping).

If your skin can stand loads of alcohol, Aqua Glycolic makes a glycolic acid toner. It's available at Eckerds. Unfortunately, it really has loads of alcohol in it. :(

oh - the kit is usually a few dollars less at Walgreens (unless I just always happen to catch it there on sale).

NeoStrata (http://neostrata.com) makes a glycolic toner which works very well. I think the best one I have ever used (and I have used quite a few) is the Clinique 4.5 scruffing lotion. You can literally see the skin peeling away with vigorous rubbing. This is not recommended for sensitive skin.