Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Splinter

worried to start BP use/regimen ...

hi, iv had very mild acne on my face for some time now, and moderate on my back/neck for while too but never beeen enough to bother me really ... been taking anti-biotics for it for over a year now and it has kept them under control on my face, and almost totally cleared my back/neck.... until now!! its at the worst it has been ever and is definitely getting to the moderate stage on my face now .. but its only on the right side of my face tho!! is getting worse slowly but surely ... and had a BIG breakout a few days ago (a spot burst while i was sleeping think that caused it coz they brokeout all around it :() ...

so i went to the doctors the other day and he gave me some BP to go with the anti-biotics. he said as the anti biotics had worked so well so far that i should keep using it and is probably just this outbreak of bacteria that might have got a tolerance to the anti-biotics... and the BP shud clear that up in 4-5 weeks... and hopefully the anti-biotics will prevent it coming back again.

so, i wanted to do some research on BP first (he said it can cause itchy/redness), found this place, and have read a lot about the regimen/BP, and am a bit worried :cry:... mainly because i have a girlfriend and i really dont want it to make things worse spot wise and as much/evem more so with redness/dryness etc, but i dont want to leave it untreated either is really getting to me!! i dont know what to do!?

today i saw her and was conciously trying to hide the side of my face with acne when i spoke to her, even laying in bed with her it was getting to me so much and proper pissing me off but i couldnt help it!! i just couldnt stop being aware of it the WHOLE time, even during sex lol it sucks :confused:. she doesnt seem to mind it (well certainly hasnt said so) but we got together before i had almost any spots on my face .. and it has had such an impact on my looks is getting me well down, and i hate feeling so self concious about it. but i just think about it ALL the time now, and everytime i see my reflection in windows/mirror, gah its so frustrating!!

so, what do you guys think? should i start the BP treatment? should i try this regimen instead? (i have 5% BP prescribed by the doctor). how can i reduce/stop the redness?! id rather the treatment take longer without dry/redness but obv dont want the spots to get worse either!!

need advice please!! and thanks so much for people who read this far.. seems like a nice comunity here .. hello and thanks to you all!!

Try 2.5% BP, i have not had any itchy/redness, only dry dry dry skin until u moisturise.

Try 2.5% BP, i have not had any itchy/redness, only dry dry dry skin until u moisturise.

thanks for the quick reply..is the dryness visible?

and is it relieved quickly by moisturiser? how often do you have to use it? do you peel?

after i wash and apply BP my face is incredibly dry and the dryness is visisble, but after i apply moisturiser its fine.

i moisturise twice a day and use 101E once, its like a herbal lotion

basically if you going to use bp u need to moisturise (well if you use as much as dan reccomends)

I'd recommend starting with the 2.5%. You're likely to have less irritation and redness, although some irritation and redness is more or less inevitable as your skin gets used to the BP.

If you want to use up the 5% you have you can upgrade to it later from 2.5%, with only temporary redness; keeping the rest of the regimen the same, and using about half the amount.

BP doesnt keep my face dry long enough. I have a problem where my oil glands erupt which causes dripping on my face, its too small to see it drip, but i feel it almost all day and night. and after a couple hours after BP my face is pretty damn oily. it sucks. :(

BP doesnt keep my face dry long enough. I have a problem where my oil glands erupt which causes dripping on my face, its too small to see it drip, but i feel it almost all day and night. and after a couple hours after BP my face is pretty damn oily. it sucks. :(

taht sucks mate, now i even more confused to heh i dont want that either. dont know whether to just bear it and hope it goes away or take the plunge and try it :confused:

arrrgh!

taht sucks mate, now i even more confused to heh i dont want that either. dont know whether to just bear it and hope it goes away or take the plunge and try it :confused:

arrrgh!

you should try it. i take 4%. my acne is a result of a withdrawal syptom from a previous drug i took, if you dont have the dripping feeling now, then BP definitely wont cause it. i hear it works miracles on some. doesnt do very much for me. :wall: