Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
foreveryouth

how do you manage a relationship

For all of you out there who have moderate or minor acne and are in a relationship, just how do you do it!! I admire anyone who can, cause it shows tremendous courage!! I can flirt with girls and stuff cause I know as I can avoid them if I have a serious breakout, but in a relationship you have to be there all the time, even when you do breakout! I know my acne is not as nearly as bad as it could be (or has been, and trust me it has been bad) but the thought of kissing a girlfriend when you have just broken out would really make me uncomfortable :( How do you do it guys???

When I had mild acne, I never even thought about it to be honest. This was almost 2 years ago with my first (and thus far only) gf. I guess because I always wanted to eat in low-lit restaurants like The Outback Steakhouse or hang out at night...but that's me in general regardless of acne or not.

That's probably my best advice...you would probably feel so much more comfortable in low-lit areas.

When I had mild acne, I never even thought about it to be honest. This was almost 2 years ago with my first (and thus far only) gf. I guess because I always wanted to eat in low-lit restaurants like The Outback Steakhouse or hang out at night...but that's me in general regardless of acne or not.

That's probably my best advice...you would probably feel so much more comfortable in low-lit areas.

its tough!! iv recently gone from mild to moderate acne on my face and is effecting my head around my gf....

had a breakout a couple of days ago face still pretty bad and saw her today, was on my mind the whole time kept trying to turn away a bit when i spoke to her so the acne wasnt showing ... proper got to my head!! even when we were having sex i was thinking about it a lot of the time especially when im kissing her is well shit.. but im hardly gonna not meet up with her and get laid coz of it.. it wont get the better of me!!

doesnt help i got with my gf before my acne was a problem tho, that makes me much more conscious of it tbh :confused:

Truthfully, I think you're already too self-conscious to be in a relationship... or else you wouldn't be on this website. Relationships aren't easy. The best way I think it could work is if you told her how you feel -- acne and all. Here's a quote that's sad but true:

"It's surprising how many persons go through life without ever recognizing that their feelings toward other people are largely determined by their feelings toward themselves, and if you're not comfortable within yourself, you can't be comfortable with others." - Sydney J. Harris

My skin bothers me a LOT more than it bothers my husband. So I don't really care if he sees me without makeup or anything... I just hate going out in public without makeup or without being all dressed up. It's the outer world of society that you have to "impress".... not the ones who love you already.

Although you do have a point with wanting to avoid the opposite sex, and the dating world being very frustrating... I hated being "single and looking" because I always felt like I was on display and in a competition with other girls (who would always win, because they had clear skin).

When you find someone worth marrying, she'll want to kiss you whether you've just broken out or not.

:)

candra

Low lit areas are key. But sometiems i would rather have more lit areas then less lit , because even in low lit areas your face can look much worse than higher lit. PErsonally i like sunlight the best makes me look alot better , when its cloudy it sucks more and its almost always cloudy here. When my acne was still in its worser stage i was going out with a girl who had scars and some acne was well. When we hung out in higher lit areas, she made me feel alot better and more comftorable , but the insecurities were still there aon my part.

I'm not a guy, but I've realize that bringing it up to that person makes things so much easier. The subject isn't so taboo, and the ice is broken. I feel like I don't have to cover up every little thing after I've acknowledged it.

I used to avoid my girl for about a whole week untill my acne got better. It was hard and she got pissed but I was to damn fine to get dumped lol.

When I did come out of the dark I put makeup witch I think she noticed bu of fuckin well....It got to a point where I was freaking so ugly that I lioterally felt like jumping off a damn Building...But good thing I didnt because I cleared up after taking my treatments.

Now I'm happy she's happy and life is good...except when I work out, because I get pimples for it.

My opinion.... Give it a shot if the girl seems right. If she cares to much about ur acne then hit her with the boot, those bitches dont mean anything trust me.