Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
acnemom

Question about moisturizer (mineral oils)

I just started the regimen about a week ago. I have mild acne, so most of it is cleared up by now, but my skin is VERY dry and peeling all over. I didn't go out and buy a new moisturizer because I still have a lot of mine left (clinique oil-free moisturizing gel). Well, this moisturizer worked fine with my very oily skin before but now it does nothing. So I have been putting the regular clinique moisturizer on which has mineral oils in it. Is this going to make me break out? Is the moisturizer I use supposed to be oil free? What works best for you to stop the peeling, flaking skin, and how long has the flaking lasted for you? Thanks for any help!

Mineral oil is non-comedogenic, it physically cannot clog your pores, so IMO most people worry about it a lot more than they need to. Also, not all oils clog pores, so you dont need to freak out if a product has oils in it. Anyway, mineral oil is an occlusive moisturizer, which means that air doesn't get through it, which may cause problems for a very small minority of people. IMO, try something, and if you dont like it pitch it, but the presence of mineral oil shouldnt stop you from using something you like.