Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

do any of you on here use or have used any The Body Shop products? what would you recommend? what didn't you like?

today, i bought Vitamin C cleansing face polish. i haven't tried it but i will tonight. :D

i love that place tho havent used any face cleansers tho.. tell me how it works! The face wash seems neat and it has vitamin c and hopefully it`ll polish your skin as well.. now that im talking about it i wanna get one too.

i really like their tea tree oil. it's 15% tto, the rest are mainly water and alcohol.

i've also tried their tto mask and honey&oats mask. they're ok too but i wouldn't repurchase.

in general, i don't particularly like this brand. they market their brand being natural and organic. but really, if you read the ingredients label, the natural and organic ingredients are usually at the bottom of the list. also, the fragrance is too strong, which is a big no-no for being gentle. so, other than tto, it's unlikely that i'll buy any other products from tbs.

The body butter smells nice but I don't like the texture near as much as palmer's cocoa butter, so I can't justify spending $15 on the stuff. I have some eyeshadows from there that I like, they're not as pigmented as higher quality ones like stila but they're cheap. I like the lavender blotting sheets. I've used the TTO cleanser, it was as good a gel cleanser as any and not expensive. I don't think that the tea tree did anything except inspire them to color it green and scent it with mint but it worked okay. I was going to buy a vitamin C serum from them but read some frightening reviews on MUA and bought a jason natural one instead. I used their seaweed toner for awhile because it was the only oily skin toner I could find that didn't have alcohol as a main ingredient -- I'm not sure that it did anything that witch hazel wouldn't have done, but it wasn't expensive and was pleasant to use. Overall I'd give them "pretty good for the money" as a review.

A really bad thing i used from there was some Tea Tree Cleanser thing. It was horrible, it made my skin really oily and breakout...

Guest funkychicken

The body butter smells nice but I don't like the texture near as much as palmer's cocoa butter, so I can't justify spending $15 on the stuff.

Is it only $15? That annoys me. It's $18 here. Home grown British chain selling it cheaper abroad :hand: Sort it out Anita Ruddock!

The body butter smells nice but I don't like the texture near as much as palmer's cocoa butter, so I can't justify spending $15 on the stuff.

Is it only $15? That annoys me. It's $18 here. Home grown British chain selling it cheaper abroad :hand: Sort it out Anita Ruddock!

I just checked, it's actually $16, $7.50 for the little tins. I only ever bought it on sale plus it's been years. I just use a little around my chest and neck for the smell when I do use it...palmer's works better at keeping my legs and elbows moisturized.