Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
titan44

What am i doing wrong on Dan's regimen? :S

Hi, i was on dans regimen for about 7months starting from last december. My face cleared up quite a bit but was still not good. I stopped because it got to a stage where it had stopped improving. I then went onto other things like retin a which also didnt work. Now i have gone back to dans regimen (3 weeks atm). I am washing my face with just warm water before waiting 20mins then applying 1 fingers worth of 2.5% bp on the spot cream. I do this twice a day. However i am still geting lots of new spots, probably at least 2-3 new ones per day, of which some are cysts. I am also using a E45 moisturiser after the benzoyl peroxide cream. Am i doing something wrong as i have seen no improvement since i have restarted dan's regimen? Please help

I reckon e 45 moisturiser is the main problem its like acne in a pot it contains liquid parriffin and white soft parraffin which are basically mineral oils that block your pores causing spots.So id ditch the e45 and get an oil free moisturiser and gentle cleansing bar as well

Mineral oil does NOT clog pores or CAUSE zits -- that's a way too over repeated myth.

Dans regimen doesn't work for everyone -- didn't work for me . . . you might not be doing anything 'wrong' it might just not be for you.

Dan's regimen includes cleanser and moisturizer.

follow it exactly as outlined and with the recommended products and it will work.

Lance is spot on. Try the regimen with recommended products and try to follow it precisely. What I've noticed is that pretty much every single time someone doesn't get the results they want it turns out once I chat with them that they are not actually precisely on the regimen. So, first thing is to get a non-comedogenic, oil-free moisturizer. Second thing is to re-read the regimen and re-watch the videos a few times. Next thing is to read http://www.acne.org/biggestmistakes.html

Let's get you on the regimen and give it some time. The regimen almost always works amazingly well when people follow it closely.