Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
STEVEN1

Purpose of a mask? good or bad

The purpose of a mask is the same as a toner or a cleanser. It adds irritation, exfoliation, and cleansing to your regimen. I prefer the Neutrogena Clear Pore BP or the Queene Helene Mint Julep mask with sulphur. However, most Neutrogena products are good.

It depends on your skin's sensitivity. If you have sensitive skin, use masks maybe once or twice a week. My skin is extremely resilient, so I use masks regularly. In my non-medical opinion, it IS a good idea to add something extra to your regimen. Especially if your skin has gotten used to the effects of BP.

If it turns out that your skin is too sensitive to use a mask over the whole area, you can try just using it as a spot treatment on problem areas. Some of the most effective masks contain sulfur, which is great for drying up zits but can also dry out your whole face. You just have to experiment a bit and see what works for you.

Q

Most masks can be irritating for acne as well. So be vareful when choosing one. If it's your first time try something all natural and check if there's a LUSH store near you and check out their masks. I reccomend Cosmetic Warrior or Love Lettuce. The staff there might tell you about one called cupcake but the main ingredient in that is cocoa butter and that may aggrivate your acne more as it does to some people.

I would also suggest queen Helene or Got2b but both masks people find that it either burns their skin or gives it a burning sensation. So i dont reccomend that. OR you can make your own from using Egg yolk masks. homemade ones etc.

Most masks can be irritating for acne as well. So be vareful when choosing one. If it's your first time try something all natural and check if there's a LUSH store near you and check out their masks. I reccomend Cosmetic Warrior or Love Lettuce. The staff there might tell you about one called cupcake but the main ingredient in that is cocoa butter and that may aggrivate your acne more as it does to some people.

I would also suggest queen Helene or Got2b but both masks people find that it either burns their skin or gives it a burning sensation. So i dont reccomend that. OR you can make your own from using Egg yolk masks. homemade ones etc.

I use the Got2Be Pure Intent clay mask once or even twice a week. It does indeed give a slight tingly burn when applied but you get used to it. I have sensitive skin that reacts to everything but this mask doesn't irritate me at all when used twice a week despite the tingles. It's actually done a good job with removing tons of clogged pores that wo uldn't amount to zits or that kind. Check out my regimen I'm clear now with it.

I use my old mask (DHC Mineral Mask) as a spot treat those spots that look like they are about to grow into zits. They usually go away within a day or two. I stopped using my old mask once I discovered the Got2Be mask.