Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Soul

Look different in mirrors

I have like 3 stages in my house where I can tell how decent my skin is, If i look in the bathroom mirror and its all cool then my acne is normal, then i step it up and look in the mirror in my mums room which is right by the window, if my skin looks decent in that then im happy for the day and then if im feeling like a real trooper i'll look in the mirror in the hall which is right under a light so u can see pretty much everything on your face, if I look half decent in that, then i know im improving. Strange though I think I've looked in the mirror way too many times, that i've set up this little routine :D

I actually think that reflections of yourself on a car tint window is the best for true acne exposure. Since if ur outside in the sun it'll show everything you have. I've done it a lot and notice pimples that i missed at home.

Guest Fearless*Bunny

I want to pave the world with my bathroom mirror and replace all lighting with my bathroom lights. Everyone would look so much better.

I actually think that reflections of yourself on a car tint window is the best for true acne exposure. Since if ur outside in the sun it'll show everything you have. I've done it a lot and notice pimples that i missed at home.

um...no! And let's just leave it at that please.

Guest tenshigirl25

this may sound crazy, but airplane bathrooms are terrible. i guess its the lighting

i reckon...they have to be up there with worst 3 mirrors ever.. i wont even look in that mirror, otherwise it will put me off the whole flight.. :rolleyes:

It's probably the lighting. If not, then it might be state of your face. IE just got out of the shower, just got done doing the regimen, just woke up, haven't touched it in awhile, etc.

whoever invented fluorescent lights should be brought to the town square and killed.

It must be the lighting, but doesn't that make you wonder.... what does your face look like normally?

Yes it does...and unfortunately millions of us will never know...well...that is because our current house mirrors, basically all mirrors at stores, on cars...are not corrective and "true" mirrors.

Bet many of you didn't know that? It fools us into thinking the image we see is really us, but that is not how people see or perceive us as, it's all wrong, it's all backwards and the true light is all wrong too! So we are being fooled in a sort of way. We see ourselves as mediocre, while others in person see us as great. etc.

Take a look and please read but do not buy, VERY EXPENSIVE!!! ----->;http://www.truemirror.com/Moredata.asp

Very interesting isn't it? Enough for many to relax and open their minds. ;)

these mirrors rule! this place has a little shop on second street in the east village (or they used to i havent walked down that street in a while). totally legit. one restaurant has one and its amazing how different you look.

I have come to love and hate certain mirrors in my house, if I need a pick me upper I look in one mirror and if I need to actually see how my face is I look in another.

these mirrors rule! this place has a little shop on second street in the east village (or they used to i havent walked down that street in a while). totally legit. one restaurant has one and its amazing how different you look.

I saw a documentary years ago on television...thats how I found out about them. :)

They filmed people in a museum and the reaction when they saw themselves in the mirror. The men and women were shocked when they looked themselves the right way lol

It must be the lighting, but doesn't that make you wonder.... what does your face look like normally?

Yes it does...and unfortunately millions of us will never know...well...that is because our current house mirrors, basically all mirrors at stores, on cars...are not corrective and "true" mirrors.

Bet many of you didn't know that? It fools us into thinking the image we see is really us, but that is not how people see or perceive us as, it's all wrong, it's all backwards and the true light is all wrong too! So we are being fooled in a sort of way. We see ourselves as mediocre, while others in person see us as great. etc.

Take a look and please read but do not buy, VERY EXPENSIVE!!! ----->;http://www.truemirror.com/Moredata.asp

Very interesting isn't it? Enough for many to relax and open their minds. ;)

that is the freakiest thing ever, id be terrified to look into one of those. imagine looking into it and finding out your soooo much uglier than you think!!! you'd be scarred for life!

although, i did like wot the man who made them said in an interview -

"The most unflattering mirror of all is the mirror we have in our head," explains Thomas Cast. " One of the things I encourage people to do is to be more aware of the extent to which they look in the mirror to criticize. If you spend two minutes criticizing your hips, spend two minutes complimenting something about the way you look.

"And remember," he adds, "nobody else stares at us the way we stare at ourselves in the mirror." Thank goodness.

(i like the bold bit best!) :shifty:

Just take a small mirror outside into the light (not direct sunlight) and you can see how your skin really look's as painfull as that may be..

I'm going to start only looking in the ugly mirrors and improve myself from there

solution

i'm going to take a photo of my self in a public toilet mirror, see if my face looks worse

i'm sure we all agree that light has a lot to do with it. but i also think that we develop a predisposition to our appearance over time. to be honest, i think its impossible for there to be a "real" you. like everything, its all perspective. for example, my girlfriend thinks i have beautiful skin, but i can tell when other people get uncomfortable looking at me. i go back and forth myself. the only that really bothers me is when i'm in natural sunlight and i look horrible. but thats not the truth either. and remember that when other people give you an uncomfortable look its mostly them being insecure about themselves. so don't worry about it.