Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tigereye

What finally worked for me!

Do once after shower in AM and once before bed at night:

Cetaphil cleanser, pat dry.

Proactiv cleanser on trouble areas (you can buy the cleanser in 3 packs for $50; I've found that the Proactiv toner and moisturizer don't do anything).

Rinse and pat dry.

BP gel 2.5% on trouble areas. I use A LOT, probably coat the area 2-3 times with a good amount.

I then let the BP gel soak in which takes about 15 minutes. You can tell it's done b/c your face will feel very dry and stiff.

Then I moisturize my entire face with Night time firming cream. I buy the CVS or Equate brand generic which is about $7 for a 2 oz jar. Oil of Olay makes the real one but it's more $$. This stuff is super thick but I haven't had any problems with dry skin after using this. When I tried a bunch of other moisturizers, my skin would flake and peel.

My skin has been super clear since sticking to this regimen. It also feels softer. I also recommend washing your hands before you touch your face at all, and washing them after using the BP gel since it can stain clothes. I have been able to wear any kind of makeup since sticking to this routine.

Good luck!