The regimen: too ti...

Notifications
Clear all

The regimen: too time-consuming or takes too long?

MemberMember
(@mahogany413)

Posted : 01/12/2006 4:34 am

Hey,

Since I've begun the regimen my skin is really started to clear up, I'm so happy. I think I've finally found the answer to my acne, I've even told my friends about it already. The only difficulty I'm having with the regimen is that it takes at least 30 minutes for me to complete all the steps. I'm quite sure I'm following the instructions right because I have to...

wash: takes a couple seconds

wait for face to dry: 15 minutes

apply BP gel: 10 minutes (time it takes for me)

wait for BP to absorb: at least 5 minutes

apply moisturizer: 2 minutes

Please let me know if you're doing something differently so I can save time because for me, that's a long time! My current rationale is that if my skin is getting clearer now and I'll have clear skin in the future, the time is worth it (I'd rather take extra minutes out of my day than suffer from the emotional affects of acne, right?). But that half hour spent solely on my facial routine is making it harder for me to be patient with the BP, to correctly follow the instructions, and to stay on the regimen altogether.

Does anybody else feel the same way or do you have any suggestions? Thanks for your time!

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 01/12/2006 5:34 am

im in the same boat. it takes me fucking ages. so annoying :(

MemberMember
(@jesusofsuburbia)

Posted : 01/12/2006 10:05 am

Well I wake up at 6:25 and I'm downstairs by 6:55, so yeah I guess that's still half an hour Sorry.

MemberMember
(@ritzvin)

Posted : 01/12/2006 11:22 am

let's see..

-(brush teeth)

-wash skin.. a minute (Walgreens brand cleansing wipes)

-apply AHA toner.. a minute

-wait for skin to dry.. half a minute (patience is not one of my virtues, however the AHA toner does a really good job of prepping my skin for the bp, so it absorbs in really well without waiting long).

-apply bp.. about a minute (I rub a gob of it in my hands, and spread quickly around face).

-(get half dressed)

-apply moisturizer

*I'm currently experimenting with mixing stronger bp in with my moisturizer and applying together...pros if it works: less steps, can buy bp locally, can buy bp from local company (oxy) (Buffalo needs all the jobs it still has)*

-(finish getting dressed)

-(apply powder foundation)

-(Curl hair if necessary)

-(apply rest of makeup)

It only seems to take me 2-3 extra minutes in the morning.

MemberMember
(@a529612)

Posted : 01/12/2006 12:26 pm

Do other things while you are waiting for your skin to dry. Stay productive. :)

MemberMember
(@brandolynn)

Posted : 01/12/2006 1:10 pm

yea, it takes time but it is so worth it! I'd rather spend time taking care of my face than worrying about the zits.

And I agree with the above. Do something during your waiting times.

For instance, after I get done washing in the a.m., I go and get breakfast started, get dressed, etc. then apply the bp, go and check on breakfast, feed and water the dog, etc. then go apply the moisturizer, finish getting dressed, deal with the kids fights, etc. Then finish getting ready and fixing breakfast.

There is no need to sit around waiting, read the newspaper, make your bed, throw on a load of laundry, find something that needs to be done anyway and just do it during your regimen wait times.

MemberMember
(@donjuan)

Posted : 01/12/2006 1:31 pm

I don't wait 15 minutes for my face to dry, after patting with the towel it seems to be dry in about a minute or so. After patting my face I immediately go to moisturizing my eyes and a little along my laugh lines. By the time I'm done with that my face is dry and I move to applying BP.

MemberMember
(@helpmeplzman)

Posted : 01/12/2006 2:47 pm

i say do things while ur doing the regimen... such as brushing , flossing, doing hair, cleaning ears o.0 between each step

MemberMember
(@guardian)

Posted : 01/12/2006 2:49 pm

After I pat my face with a towel, I can feel my face becoming dry and tight after about 5 minutes, then I apply mousterizer, wait 10 minutes and apply the BP. Much less time consuming.

MemberMember
(@mahogany413)

Posted : 01/12/2006 3:40 pm

Oh yes, I've been doing things while I do the regimen: getting dressed, brushing my teeth, surfing the 'net, etc. but it's still not the same feeling of just washing my face, applying some misturizer and leaving. However, I guess it's a trade off...zit-covered skin or taking some extra time.

MemberMember
(@brandolynn)

Posted : 01/12/2006 3:54 pm

life before acne was always simpler.....sigh........

MemberMember
(@reebok4146)

Posted : 01/12/2006 5:48 pm

Well I dont moisturize so It only takes about 7 minutes to cleanse and then put bp.

MemberMember
(@pithy-quill-paladin)

Posted : 01/12/2006 7:11 pm

Damn, I take much longer than that...I put on a lot of BP and rub it in with patience - that may be why.

MemberMember
(@mr-420)

Posted : 01/13/2006 2:02 pm

this is one of the reasons i quit the regimen even after it cleared me

MemberMember
(@brandolynn)

Posted : 01/13/2006 3:08 pm

this is one of the reasons i quit the regimen even after it cleared me

How has your skin reacted to being off the Regimen?

Are you doing okay?

MemberMember
(@seanopoly)

Posted : 01/13/2006 5:08 pm

I think about waking up at 6, keep thinking until 6:15 and at 6:30 i finally get up. When i do, i wash my face with hot water and put some olay moisturizing crap...then im off to school at 6;45

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 01/13/2006 6:03 pm

Well I dont moisturize so It only takes about 7 minutes to cleanse and then put bp.

u not dryin out? if not u will do. just a friendly warning.

MemberMember
(@user28456)

Posted : 01/13/2006 7:10 pm

u need to organize your time

wash face

while i'm waiting for it to dry, brush teeth

apply bp

go do something

apply moisturizer

MemberMember
(@allmorg42)

Posted : 01/13/2006 8:52 pm

According to my dermatologist, it doesn't make a "Hillabeans" difference whether you wait 15 minutes for your face to dry or not. I followed his advice (while on the regimen, of course), and haven't seen any difference. So just wash, pat dry with towel, and immediately apply bp. I also don't rub bp in, just get it smooth on the skin and let it soak in by itself, so you're free to do what you want. Hope it helps

MemberMember
(@seattlegirl)

Posted : 01/13/2006 10:19 pm

Damn, I take much longer than that...I put on a lot of BP and rub it in with patience - that may be why.

I dunno if it's as effective, but I kinda pat/tap the BP onto my skin. The rubbing gently thing took me forever, so I started patting it in really gently. I think it's gentle enough (since you dont really rub the skin), and it seems to dry alot quicker this way for me. Not sure how it'd work for other people, but it works well for me, and takes less time.

MemberMember
(@pithy-quill-paladin)

Posted : 01/13/2006 10:47 pm

Hmm, I'll give that a go.

Thanks for the help.

MemberMember
(@starlogic)

Posted : 01/14/2006 12:00 am

After just reading the subject of this post, I was gonna come in and yell about how a half an hour is a small price to pay for clear skin. However, you said that. :P

I only wait 3-5 minutes inbetween each step, and the regimen is working fine for me. I don't know your skin type or whatever, and I'm sure it varies differently for everyone. I started out the regimen not waiting also (inpatient little me) ... you could try not waiting as long, slowly cut back on the amount of time, and if you notice a change, just put the time back to the way it was. Only thing I can think of.

MemberMember
(@uniden1)

Posted : 12/26/2012 2:52 am

Mine is time-consuming also. I take about 25-30 minutes in the morning which is:

1. brush teeth

2.shower

3.wash face with acne cleanser in shower to conserve time

4. get out of shower and apply moisturizer (i will explain in a minute)

5. apply toner

6. apply BP

7. apply a little moisturizer after

then after 15-30 minutes...i apply moisturizing lotion to face

the reason i apply so much moisturizer is because my skin is very sensitive. it dries very easily and maybe because in my early discovery of acne, i have applied so much BP without knowledge of its affects, that it has did that to me. (i cant even blow my nose! as the tissue rubs against the skin on my nose, it will flake...and yes i exfoliate)