Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tainted_

i believe this is the best solution ever

I have had consistantly moderate acne for about the last 2 years now. It really made me feel depressed - and even when I thought it was disappearing a new breakout would come. I tried any solution I could get my hands on - clearisil, oxy, natural remedies you name it. But they all seemed to have short term benficial effects followed by disastrous consequences. Then one day, about 3 weeks ago, I decided to stop everything.

Everything except pure tap water, that is. I haven't used any soap or cream on my face for 3 weeks. Here is my regimin:

morning/evening: use the coldest possible water to rinse face

steam face 2 times weekly in the evening followed by more cold water

I use water so cold that it gives me this ice headache afterwards.

My results have been incredible - my skin is COMPLETELY clear from any zits, pimples and cysts that I had. Although my face doesn't feel very clean, It looks more natural and radiant (even though I still have some scarring and red marks - but I believe those will heal in time).

Anyway, for you people who also have tried pretty much everything - why not try this regimin just for a couple of weeks to see if it works for you?

Could you post pics. Before and after maybe. I always wanted to try this but have never been able to stray away from my beloved acne savers.

Lee.

I tried something similar for two months, and it was grand. My red marks faded drastically, and while I had more little bumps on my face, I had no more large pimples.

I thought I'd try something gentle on my skin for washing, because I had dry skin that I wanted to get rid of...and it broke me out again after a week. And it made my red marks look much, much worse.

So, I stopped washing with anything but water twice a day again. My red marks faded, and I don't have any more new zits.

I think I'm going to use something to wash every 2-3 days or so, but I'm not sure.

tainted_, how do you go about steaming your face? I've read about it, but I still don't entirely understand it. Do you just fill a large bowl with boiled water and hold a towel over your head?

i tried it 1 week ago, chucked out all my creams etc!! i wear foundation so i use st. ives face scrub twice a day, and everyother day do a baking soda mask. ive had 1 new pimple all week, and im usually a two a day guy!! try it,its gr8!! oh i hav zinc supplements too

really cold water isnt that good for your skin.. neither is steaming.

steaming isn't good for your skin?? Are you stupid??

steaming is one of the best things you can do for your skin as long as you don't exceed 15-20 minutes, 2-5 times a week

i tried it 1 week ago, chucked out all my creams etc!! i wear foundation so i use st. ives face scrub twice a day, and everyother day do a baking soda mask. ive had 1 new pimple all week, and im usually a two a day guy!! try it,its gr8!! oh i hav zinc supplements too

Hey, congrats. :D I hope it keeps getting better for ye.

steaming isn't good for your skin?? Are you stupid??

steaming is one of the best things you can do for your skin as long as you don't exceed 15-20 minutes, 2-5 times a week

k, steaming (and washing with extremely hot/cold water) is VERY irritating to the skin. maybe it's a great thing for YOUR skin, but certainly not to those with sensitive skin.

and don't be so rude! it annoys the heck outta me to see such rude remarks, even on an internet forum. would you have said "are you stupid??" to somebody in real life b/c they said steaming isn't good for your skin? so, please grow up!!!!

lol. dnt worry bout it elle. its not really that rude is it?? between me and my friends, we must call each other stupid like 10s of times a day. lol. and i bet if it was in real life, she wuda still said "are u stupid?", cos i wuda. lol.

but yeh, i used to ice my face after washing, and i noticed that it seemed to help with healing my spots faster. plus, i think it just kinda works as a toner. like it helps close the pores after they open wen washing with warm water. i dunno. i kinda thought of the idea cos like these old ppl in Hong Kong always go swimming in the sea during winter, when the water is like BLODDY FREEZING, and they are all so healthy. and reports say sumthing like cold water is good for the body or sumthing. im not too sure lol.

Update progress:

Its been a month since I chucked out my last clearasil cleanser. Although there have been some breakouts here and there - my skin has gradually adjusted. I think all the scrubs and cleansers I used really stripped my skin dry and made it really thin. I can almost feel the new layers of skin growing back - and it feels great! I think these new layers are growing over my red marks since they seem to be disappearing very quickly. I no longer consider myself an "acne sufferer", I am now more like your average teen with 3-4 pimples here and there. Im happy with this new facial lifestyle.

grats mate. im glad u no longer have to feel like an acne sufferer. i wish i felt the same way as you do. its been a month already?? so just been washing wiht plain water for a month really paid off then.

i wouldn't throw everything away just yet, that shit is expensive. and to neutralize the playing field, :evil: YOU ARE ALL STUPID. there, now everyone has been offended and we are all equals. really though you peeps are using this cold water because you are just TOO HOT! owwoooooooh!

that's what my sister does on her face. just cleaning it with water & her face is zit free. plus i have a fren who just use water to clean her face & she too is zit free. hmm...there are already 2 living proof that i've seen, wondering should i give it a shot...

I have had consistantly moderate acne for about the last 2 years now. It really made me feel depressed - and even when I thought it was disappearing a new breakout would come. I tried any solution I could get my hands on - clearisil, oxy, natural remedies you name it. But they all seemed to have short term benficial effects followed by disastrous consequences. Then one day, about 3 weeks ago, I decided to stop everything.

Everything except pure tap water, that is. I haven't used any soap or cream on my face for 3 weeks. Here is my regimin:

morning/evening: use the coldest possible water to rinse face

steam face 2 times weekly in the evening followed by more cold water

I use water so cold that it gives me this ice headache afterwards.

My results have been incredible - my skin is COMPLETELY clear from any zits, pimples and cysts that I had. Although my face doesn't feel very clean, It looks more natural and radiant (even though I still have some scarring and red marks - but I believe those will heal in time).

Anyway, for you people who also have tried pretty much everything - why not try this regimin just for a couple of weeks to see if it works for you?

Newsflash.

Its the winter.

Winter = less oil

Wait till spring.

I tried a similar routine last year and I had a big breakout.

There's a clear difference between people who might underake this and others who wont, or dont need to...... not all of us are acne sufferers!

I mean come on for fooks sake, if i didnt have acne i would only wash with water each day, and i was doing so before i got acne. I only started treating it at the age of 20 even though i had it for 3 years already by then and was ONLY using water.

When I switched to medicated lotions and acne treatments, it helped slightly but not enough hence why I am now on tane.

The obvious reason why people sdont get acne when they wash with just water is because they never had acne in the first place. It is true that medications can irritate and break out the skin, but we wouldnt be on them if we didnt have acne now would we, and water alone doesnt work. You're all bloody stupid if you cant see through this. :wall:

....but we wouldnt be on them if we didnt have acne now would we

that raises a good point. and ive thought it over before, and its right. but i think when we start getting a mild acne that just happens because it does, theeenn we start using the products, and trying desperately to find the right one, and throw ourselves into an acne condition that wouldnt be even nearly as bad had we left it alone

i wish i had've backed off when i was 13. let the body take care of itself instead of leaving my fate in the hands of that fucking bp shit... fecking wrinkles..

thats just me though