Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bighouse1

Time for accutane?

Here's my history. I'm 19 1/2 year old boy with acne. I have had acne since 11. At age of 15 it got moderate to severe. I started using benzaclin and also tried several other meds in the mean time including oral antibiotics because benzaclin was too drying but returned to benzaclin till now. I decided to stop benzaclin to see if I have outgrown acne because my face was almost blemish free but in a few months, my chin got messy and my cheecks got a lot worse too but not of course as bad as my chin. And my back got a whole lot better too. So basically my acne is mild to moderate now. I really want to go for accutane but I'm scared to death if I get the initial outbreak I will look bad. What are your advices?

19.5 year old BOY describes you pretty fairly.

Are you currently taking antibiotics and it's mild/moderate?

With Accutane, the summary is. Pop the pills, months and months of breaking out and looking disgustnig and FEELING disgusting, and after 4-5 months, or MAYBE less, you'll be perfectly clear. Your scars get worse during the treatment, but after you finish the treatment, everything will heal much better. You won't need to take antibiotics OR have oily skin. You won't need to worry about breaking out for a long time in many cases. You'll have perfect skin.

--> The major problem aside the side effects is the BREAKING OUT, looking Disgusting, and FEELING disgusting .. puss and crap runnin down u r face and having to whipe it off, etc etc.. Not good.

So it's up to you. If you're takin antibiotics and it's mild/moderate, you definately should be taking accutane. If you quit antibiotics, try another topical. Maybe Retin-A, although Benzaclin is extremely efficient, just moisturize properly.

Grow up, not many ppl care how good you look.

19.5 year old BOY describes you pretty fairly.

Are you currently taking antibiotics and it's mild/moderate?

With Accutane, the summary is. Pop the pills, months and months of breaking out and looking disgustnig and FEELING disgusting, and after 4-5 months, or MAYBE less, you'll be perfectly clear. Your scars get worse during the treatment, but after you finish the treatment, everything will heal much better. You won't need to take antibiotics OR have oily skin. You won't need to worry about breaking out for a long time in many cases. You'll have perfect skin.

--> The major problem aside the side effects is the BREAKING OUT, looking Disgusting, and FEELING disgusting .. puss and crap runnin down u r face and having to whipe it off, etc etc.. Not good.

So it's up to you. If you're takin antibiotics and it's mild/moderate, you definately should be taking accutane. If you quit antibiotics, try another topical. Maybe Retin-A, although Benzaclin is extremely efficient, just moisturize properly.

Grow up, not many ppl care how good you look.

geez, AC3 you have a real attitude problem. just because accutane isn't working like you want it to, dosen't mean that you have to go to every single topic about accutane and try and make the topic creators feel bad...just lighten up, if accutane doesn't work for you, too bad, it works for most people...just lay off

No I only use benzaclin, I did antibiotics for 3 months 2 years ago which was not neccessary anyway, I never needed them, it's if I don't use benzaclin my acne is mild to moderate but on it's a lot better. Ok one of you now really scared me with the outbreaks on accutane, does a initial outbreak really last that long??

No I only use benzaclin, I did antibiotics for 3 months 2 years ago which was not neccessary anyway, I never needed them, it's if I don't use my acne is mild to moderate but on it's a lot better.

You should try dan's regime if the benzaclin is working well for you. Benzaclin is a combo of clind (anitibiotic) and benzoyl peroxide, so if antibiotics have little effect on your acne, then it is probably the benzoyl peroxide that is clearing you. If you followed dan's regeime (using more benzoyl peroxide, and twice a day) I bet you could be totally clear. Maybe ask around about it on the clear skin regime message board? Good luck!

Yeah I would be proly clear if I use benzaclin twice a day but my face would be dry as hell and I don't want to walk around with some nasty cream on my face and go to places!! And...I still would have those many little blackheads left on my face if you come close and if I make bubbles out of my cheecks and chin you can see many little white bumps. I really am thinking about accutane day and night and see it's good for most people but I dunno what the initial outbreak will do to me. And if it's bad I don't know if I can go through with this.