Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BeautifulSkinAgain

I was told I have High Blood Pressure

Today, as my hair stylist was washing my hair, she mentioned how my face is redder than my neck. She said I should get checked for High Blood Pressure. I said I would, and mummled out it's probably rosacea.

Oh, how I wish it was a easy as high blood pressure. Than I could take medication, and my face would not be flush.

Maybe I should get checked for it again. Mabye it is.

It sucks being flush. :cry:

I've never heard of high blood pressure causing a red face. Suppose you could check it out. Are you male or female? If you're a guy, you could go to a barber instead. They never say anything about my acne.

Ugh, I know what you mean about a red face. My acne's basically.. gone. But you can hardly tell due to the oil and redness that covers it up.

Guest tenshigirl25

hairdressers always have ot add their comments dont they? lol maybe u were just flushed, its not big deal...there are things out there that can help with that.

Yep. Hairdressers have a distorted view of the world in my experience (no offense!). Every problem is magically solved by eating different, using different products, etc.

Try wearing sunscreen with zinc oxide.

This won't work overnight, but at least after months of protecting the face your skin can repair itself more efficiently. 2% concentrations of AHAs seems to help with skin tone.

I use to be somewhat red, more like a light pink, but after a few months of wearing sunscreen and changing my diet has helped a lot to a point where I can put my hand on my face and you can't even tell a tone difference between my hand and face.

But don't expect any overnight or overweek miracles.

sorry, as tenshi and vott said, theyre mean ppl :(

dont worry, it cud had been worse, are u onto somethin, like accutane?