Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
IFeelBroken

Other people make me happy....

At my high school there are lots of kids with acne..... Seeing onther people dealing with acne makes me feel a little more human......I just smile more when the girl/guy with acne (even a single bump) walks in the room.I don't know if I can just relate, or it's their suffering making me so giddy......

Are you guys like this? Does seeing a person with acne or very bad acne make you feel happy?

I am a little mean, or maybe just my evil side getting out..... :evil::shifty::wall:

No, you're not being evil :) I think it puts us at ease because we're so used to envying people with clear skin, that we tend to forget that we're not the only ones with this problem. There are universal emotions that tag along with acne that create this instant connection with other sufferers -- making this world not so lonely after all. :D

I find it a huge relief when I see other people around that have it. None of my friends do, however. It is somewhat depressing having good-looking friends.

actually for me its the opposite when i see people with it it reminds me of what i look like, even if they have it much worse i think "damn thats the nasty shit i got! eww damn". only ever since i had any acne really have i thought this way, my best friend that i was best man at his wedding had acne really bad, cystic worse than most here, and has a really scarred face. but he never let it bother him, and i never said one thing or thought one thing about it my whole life, until i got acne myself. anyway seeing people with acne makes me sick, not happy, but i guess im unique in that aspect. you know what they say, misery loves company, you miserable fucks