Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BFGUITAR

Getting oily skin with accutane

I had that, too, during my first week.

Is the oil sort of waxy, heavier than normal? After another week you should be totally dry and get a bunch of whiteheads around your mouth.

It's normal.

Here's the shortest reason why:

Accutane is trying to stop oil productiong. Your oil pores detect dry skin and overwork in order to produce enough oil to keep the body moisturized, but accutane is not fully in use. So you're goozing out oil. Only lasts 5-10 days.

i might start accutane really soon, i heard the first couple weeks it can make your skin look a lot worse. i fucking hate whiteheads though, whether i pop or they fall out while washing my face or whatever, they still always seem to scar. :(

i might start accutane really soon, i heard the first couple weeks it can make your skin look a lot worse. i fucking hate whiteheads though, whether i pop or they fall out while washing my face or whatever, they still always seem to scar. :(

When you pop a whitehead on accutane u get bleeding, and get scabs on your face... Like it's a cut or something. And it doesn't heal fast at all.. Takes ~ 2 weeks.. Rather have a whitehead than a scab now that i think about it

2.5 months in and my face is breakin out HORRIBLY. Never been this bad. So get prepared to face the consequinces if you're goign to embark on the rollercoaster.

I'm exactly 3 months in myself. I am still breaking out, but not too much.

What is pissing me off is that my skin is still oily, particularily in the T-Zone area. Pores still huge.. look like shit... I'm on 60 mg...85 kg.

I need a larger dose right?

Why did I clear so quickly on Accutane?

Why was my oil and acne gone within 2 weeks tops? My acne was borderline moderate, but has persisted for over a decade.

What does it mean, though, when it works really fast for someone?