Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Indoobidubly

Wash before shaving, after shaving, or both?

Anyone know which would be best?

Since the skin is more sensitive after a shave would washing not be recommended?

Or should a wash be done to make sure you get all the removed hair and dead skin off your face?

Thanks.

If you use a straight razor, you could shave in the shower. Get a fogless mirror and let your face steam for a while to open the pores. This always seemed to be less irritating for me. Now, I use an electric razor, which is even less irritating, and I shave before I shower. It never made sense to me to cleanse my skin then add the shaving gel to my face afterward.

I'm on the Regimen so I wash my entire face with the Purpose bar and work up an extra lather when I'm shaving. After I'm done I grab a little extra lather from the bar again and go over the shaven area gently. I think it does a nice clean over anything I opened up while shaving and has been working very well.

i use liuke a clearasil gel and gilette shaver and change the blade once a week..

i used to cleanse before i shaved, now i cleans after.. cant say i saw a difference for better or worse

using an electric razor is much safer to use on acne prone skin than the traditional razor, using cream and shaving always gives u that chance of getting your pores clogged.

when i use electric i shave before my shower then wash my face in the shower.