Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cricetino

does anybody resolve oily skin with accutane?

Hi to everybody, I' m actually on accutane with a very low dose (5 mg die) because i'm tryng to cure my oily skin. This is my fifth month, i think to go on until the sixt month and then i'll stop. But i'm afraid when i stop my skin, actualy less oily, will come back oily. Is there anybody who resolve permanently oily skin with accutane even after stopped it????

Thanks

5mg a day won't do anything. Your skin will become oily in about 2 weeks after you quit using accutane.

After my full course ended in 10/04, I stayed bone dry for one year. Then the oil came back and the acne with it.

I just got back from the derm and among other things he said he routinely prescribes low dose Accutane for Adults with extremely oily skin. As long as you limit your courses to 5-8 months and take several months off, you can keep taking low dose. That's what I got from him.

topically my derm told me that the only thing for oily skin is ketoconazole or miconazole. Infact he prescribed me daktarin powdre which contain miconazole nitrate.