Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

i'm starting to think that my acne has something to do with the demodex thing (see the pinned topic above). the only thing that has ever worked for me was bactrim (sulfamethoxazole), which has sulphur. has any1 tried any sulpher products besides bactrim, since i can no longer take bactrim because of the side effects. if so plz tell me about it

They just dont do it for me -- drying, stinky, but didn't clear acne and did give irritation. The products I tried were murad's sulfur mask and the clearasil adult care line.

They just dont do it for me -- drying, stinky, but didn't clear acne and did give irritation. The products I tried were murad's sulfur mask and the clearasil adult care line.

do you think i should give it a try though? because the only thing that ever worked for me was bactrim which has to do with sulfur. accutane didnt do a thing for me at all

A lot of good things have been written here about the Queene Helene sulphur mask with zinc oxide. It's extremely cheap and pretty effective as a spot treatment/ mask.

try Plexion cleansing clothes, its prescription but its a sulfur face wash and it really is good for the skin. I also use clindamycin phosphate lotion as a moisterizer its really light and non-frangrance (doesnt irritate). Lasty if I have a pimple I always use aloe vera to clear it up. Thats what works for me...

Some sulphur products:

--Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque

--Philosophy on a clear day superwash for oily skin

--Proactiv mask

--C.O. bigelow clay cleanser for oily skin

I've used all of them, except the last which I just bought last night and haven't tried. I love the mint julep masque, I've been using it for years and it's great with oil control and reducing blemishes. I'm not sure if the philosophy cleanser actually helps with acne on its own, but I like it as a cleanser. It does have sodium laureth sulfate which some say is too irritating for any skin, but I've never had a problem using it, and it feels soothing on my skin. The proactiv mask was decent, i only had that sample and I liked it but it doesn't compare to the queene helene one so there's no need to spend the money. The CO Bigelow travel sizes are on sale at bath and body works right now 2 for $5, so you can go pick up a sample and see if you like it.