Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
alisonjs122

POLL: Worst products you've ever used!

hmm, you said baking soda is harsh. is it just harsh by itself or did you use a lot and scrubbed super hard? can someone comment on this? i really would like to know. i probably have skin as sensitive as yours, since i also find the aspirin mask super irritaing and drying. i tried it once and was as irritated as hell for a whole week.

k, here's my list (ranked in order from worst to least):

- jason aloe vera gel: smells like shit, goes on like glue, and the result=shit!

- bp: i used neutrogena on the spot, which was recommended by this site, but still ruined my face for a few weeks.

- any cleansing masks, the ones i've tried are aspirin, bodyshop tto, and clinique: toooooo irritating

- clean and clear: never again!!! the moisturizer doesn't do its job. and the toner is essentially alcohol, i use it as a disinfectant now, does a superb job.

that's all i can remember. anyways, someone plz answer my baking soda question!!!!!!!!

I didnt even use that wanna be proactiv emy neutorgena after i bought it, it looked stupid and everyone hated it.

ok clearasil ad clean and clear blackhead clearing, daily wash, and that acne fighter, clearer skin in 3 days, it doesnt work! Especially for teenage skin like myne, my skin is always super soft but too oily.

AVOID BLACKHEAD STRIPS BY BIORE AT ALL COSTS, THEY DO NOTHING AND JUST MAKE YOUR NOSE RED AND ARE EXTREMELY PAINFUL TO GET OFF!

if any of went or are still going thru teen acne and know a great way to clear it up, please help me out, acne has caused me such pain =(

if any of went or are still going thru teen acne and know a great way to clear it up, please help me out, acne has caused me such pain =(

Why don't you start a new thread asking for advice ... start by describing your acne a bit so everyone knows what you're dealing with. I'm sure there are lots of people here who would be happy to help.

Q

Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash. I never used to have to use moisturizers on my skin, and now it is constantly dry. It's been probably 5 months too.

Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash. I never used to have to use moisturizers on my skin, and now it is constantly dry. It's been probably 5 months too.

I hate that stuff, too. I won't even use it for body acne. Nasty, nasty, nasty.

Q

I hate that stuff, too. I won't even use it for body acne. Nasty, nasty, nasty.

Q

Yea I hate the stuff. Never again will I use it. :naughty: My sister tried it too and her acne is worse than mine, and she couldn't take it either.

Yeaaa im on like week 2 on murad..... im breaking out like crazy 2.... 2 new painful cysts.... im gonna be a dumbass and stick it out though you never know.... maybe ill get lucky prolly not though... also im sure u all were using it right but u have to make sure u dont use to much of that exfoliating gel cause its harsh as hell and only like the littlest amount of that on the spot treatment can be dabbed on an individual blemish... i been rubbing it all over lol big mistake

Yeaaa im on like week 2 on murad..... im breaking out like crazy 2.... 2 new painful cysts.... im gonna be a dumbass and stick it out though you never know.... maybe ill get lucky prolly not though... also im sure u all were using it right but u have to make sure u dont use to much of that exfoliating gel cause its harsh as hell and only like the littlest amount of that on the spot treatment can be dabbed on an individual blemish... i been rubbing it all over lol big mistake

I suggest you stop using the kit, or at least the acne exfoliating gel.

Is it really that bad??? I need to find some product to use that doesnt use BP i cant stand they dying effect but if i absolutely must go back to it i guess i will :( ill just have to keep my hair short so i dont kill it again

I suggest you get Neutrogena's Rapid Clear Acne Defense Lotion..it's one of the best drugstore product I've ever used. It doesn't have any BP in it and it exfoliates your skin, which is beneficial.