Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
blush

? for Jess or anyone with knowledge

OK, I have been using face doctor soap for about 1 month now, and I think it is working better than anything I have tried, my face looks pretty darn good xcept a few red spots, My question was, Can I use the exfoliation technique while using the FD soap? I have read alot about it, and I think I can benefit from it because it looks like I have ALOT of blackheads and closed pores, and OIL. Please someone get back at me, THANKS!!

I wouldn' t see why you couldn't add exfoliation to your current program....just don't start too aggressively

Try using a facial brush for exfoliation with a gentle cleanser, its a great method to try

You can add exfoliation while using Face Doctor. I have been using Face Doctor soap and exfoliation for over a month for body breakouts. It works really well and honestly, adding exfoliation with FD soap helps it work quicker by clearing the pores quicker which, in my experience, speeds up the clearing of your skin. I use a facial brush on my face (not a pedicure brush, it's too harsh for me) and a body brush or exfoliating gloves on my body.

All you have to do is lather your face with Face Doctor soap and then use the face brush in circular motions around your whole face and then rinse. It isn't hard to add this to your current rgimen.

WOW, thanks for the replies guys!! I assume I can get a facial brush at my local grocery store? maybe wal-mart? just one question blonddirby: do you find the FD soap to be more drying if you do it that way with the facial brush? and FYI, i do have sensitive fair skin...

I think some people on here use an electric toothbrush (?). I dont use anything but my fingers and an exfoliante. I notice if I am to rough with my skin, it iritates me, so I stick with my fingertips.

WOW, thanks for the replies guys!! I assume I can get a facial brush at my local grocery store? maybe wal-mart? just one question blonddirby: do you find the FD soap to be more drying if you do it that way with the facial brush? and FYI, i do have sensitive fair skin...

I got my facial brush at Shoppers Food Warehouse in the aisle with the face, bath and First Aid products for $5. I have also found facial brushes at Saphora $12, dhcskincare.com $12-15 and Bed Bath & Beyond $5-10. Amazon.com has a good selection of Face brushes ranging in price from $3-15+.

Amazon link

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/search-h...ds=facial+brush

Drugstore.com link

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp...UY-GFI-0-SRCHRN

I also have sensitive fair skin and the Face Doctor soap can be drying but I have combatted most dryness by leaving my face damp/slightly wet - not dripping wet - after cleansing, I then apply Alpha Hydrox Oil-Free Formula. My face is still moist from water and the Alpha Hydrox and this is when I apply moisturizer. Just rub the moisturizer in - it will dry quickly. I do this morning and night. Leaving your skin damp and applying moisturizer helps seal in moisture.

I think that if you have really sensative skin you could try the facial brush once a day or every other day and see how your skin reacts. Using the Alpha Hydrox is optional. You do not have to add it especially if you like the results you have been getting.

Well, I couldnt' find a facial brush anywhere at my local grocery stores, the best I could do was a loofah sponge thingy that is for the face, it says it is for exfoliation and removing dead skin cells...Is this OK? I was actually looking for something that looked like a oversized toothbrush right?

Well, I couldnt' find a facial brush anywhere at my local grocery stores, the best I could do was a loofah sponge thingy that is for the face, it says it is for exfoliation and removing dead skin cells...Is this OK? I was actually looking for something that looked like a oversized toothbrush right?

No, stay away from the loofah sponge pads. they are way too abrasive on the skin. you might want to try a baby hairbrush. the bristles are soft like the facial brushes and they work just as well. try to use that as an alternative until you can find an actual facial complexion brush. If you have a walmart around your area, you might want to check that out. I've heard plenty of ppl mention that they found their's at their local walmart... Good Luck!

well i definetely have a wal-mart around, just a little farther than everything else...but It's worth it, does anyone have a picture of what I'm looking for? Does it look like an oversized toothbrush, and the bristles are soft?

well i definetely have a wal-mart around, just a little farther than everything else...but It's worth it, does anyone have a picture of what I'm looking for? Does it look like an oversized toothbrush, and the bristles are soft?

Unfortunately, i don't have a Wal-Mart near me. You can try the Oral-B electric toothbrush w/soft bristles and see how that works... If not, try the baby brush and see how that goes. The baby brush bristles are so soft they are just like the one's on a facial brush... hope this helps...

I know that you said to not use the loofa, but it was a facial loofa, and I figured if I went soft it would suffice for now...I am going to get a brush soon...Does exfoliating make you break out? It did seem to make my skin a little smoother, but it looks like I might be breaking out worse than before I was exfoliating, ANYONE? THanks

hey i tried ussing my oral b toothbrush on my face a while back before i found this forum but it broke me out.. maybe it was a little too irritating for me.. i used with plenty of soap and water too . is it breaking any body out or irritating anybody?

Blush I had a problem like this a few weeks ago and I will explain. I bought a facial brush and it worked great and was clearing my skin without any initial breakouts. 3 weeks later I purchased a product from Conair that came with an electric facial brush that has a circulating head like the toothbrush mentioned. I figured that this electric facial brush would give me better exfoliation so I started using it at night and used my regular facial brush in the morning. Well, in short my face went from great to zit city again overnight because the electric brush was too harsh. after a week of this I went back to just the regular facial brush and my face stopped the constant zit formations and looks great now.

I think that if you continue to get a lot of pimples and/or irritation after exfoliating with the loopha than you should switch to a softer loopha or a facial brush until you find the one that works best for you. Some purging can be expected but only up to a point. You should not continue to breakout when exfoliating and any pimples/zits should be healing very quickly after exfoliating like this. If not than you need to switch.

Let us know.