Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
still trying for clear skin

Has anyone ever tried MICRO- dermabrasion?

You have to continue doing it all the time because then your skin won't become used to shedding the skin by itself. Do it if you have money?

anyone think my skin fit that?IPB Image

when you say micro-dermabrabrasion,do you mean something like this:IPB Image

a very nice people on this board said my scar type is not suitble for that product, it will make more demage ,I believe so,

and someone said most of acid can make more enlarged pore,so,afraid of peels/cross like TCA.

so lost now,I cant afford to see a private derm. caut find a product help me, my last hope was the Roc renewex,but It's not be adviced,

what I am gona to do? :wacko:

That kit (or any other "at home" microdermabrasion kit) won't do a thing for you. They are just meant to make skin look brighter by taking off dead skin cells. You can try getting it done at a derms office, or spa. THe results may be minimal though, but its worth a try I guess. It takes more than one treatment. My scars are pretty shallow, they're just dark, so when I have the cash I will probably try this.

That kit (or any other "at home" microdermabrasion kit) won't do a thing for you. They are just meant to make skin look brighter by taking off dead skin cells. You can try getting it done at a derms office, or spa. THe results may be minimal though, but its worth a try I guess. It takes more than one treatment. My scars are pretty shallow, they're just dark, so when I have the cash I will probably try this.

what a crew fact, human with scar, how hard is that

I'm going to try microdermabrasion soon. I really think it could help me out, even on my old scars. A lot of people here have had bad experiences with it, but I think it could be different for me. I say it because I am really drying out my skin on purpose using over the counter's and Retin-A and I have been chaffing like crazy and my new scarring as well as my old ones are beginning to minimize. The old ones, they are even red which is a good sign. It means that collagen is being stimulated from underneath. I've only been doing this for about a month and a half and I already see such an improvement. I just discovered this and I can't belive I had been misusing the power of Retin-A for so many damn years like that!! :wall: I was only using a pea sized in the past, every damn night, wasting my time thinking I might see an improvement!

Although, I'm gonna switch to Taz because I hear it's a more powerful agent than RetinA when it comes to drying. I have a problem with continuous breakouts, but I discovered that I could be aggressive with my skin as long as I attack it using products that are specifically for breakout prevention AND at the same time dry out the skin to improve scarring.

drying is good, drying is good, good!!

I'm going to try microdermabrasion soon. I really think it could help me out, even on my old scars. A lot of people here have had bad experiences with it, but I think it could be different for me. I say it because I am really drying out my skin on purpose using over the counter's and Retin-A and I have been chaffing like crazy and my new scarring as well as my old ones are beginning to minimize. The old ones, they are even red which is a good sign. It means that collagen is being stimulated from underneath. I've only been doing this for about a month and a half and I already see such an improvement. I just discovered this and I can't belive I had been misusing the power of Retin-A for so many damn years like that!! :wall: I was only using a pea sized in the past, every damn night, wasting my time thinking I might see an improvement!

Although, I'm gonna switch to Taz because I hear it's a more powerful agent than RetinA when it comes to drying. I have a problem with continuous breakouts, but I discovered that I could be aggressive with my skin as long as I attack it using products that are specifically for breakout prevention AND at the same time dry out the skin to improve scarring.

drying is good, drying is good, good!!

You sound like I did four years ago. Retin-a will approve the appearance of your scars, but once you stop using it, they will come back. I know this from experience. I used to peel like crazy...It was my goal...I got so tired of it. Do you think you can handle peeling and being red and dry for years and years? I got to the point where I just couldn't stand it. :evil: I used to notice that some scars would get pink and I would post excitedly, thinking it was getting better, but then it would be about the same. :wall: I do have to say, my scars looked better on it, but I don't know if it was worth it. I sometimes play with the idea of using it again, but I don't know...it is tempting, though.

I hope you don't get offended by me posting this, I wanted to warn you that it's not permanent (not normally), so that you can look into other procedures if you want. The thing with retinoids is this: they make your skin so fragile when you use them a lot like you are doing, and like I did, that you cannot break out or you will scar VERY easily; I scarred from everything while on retin-a. If you aren't breaking out it's really good for making your scars look better. Also, you can't do any invasive procedures while on it, so it cuts your options down.

I did microdermabrasion and used retin-a aggresively simultaneously and my scars looked a lot better - the two procedures really complement one another and it kept my skin break-out free for the most part. They are a good combination. My pores looked really good and it plumped everything up.

I am thinking of getting microderm w/o any retinoid to see what it does alone. Microderm won't ever get rid of any scars, but it will cause the skin to plump up, which is what retin-a does, esssentially.