Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The skin under my chin and on my jawline broke out badly when using jojoba combined with essential oils, i think due to the oils from my hair mixing with the oils on my face. I now have lots of red cystic acne, so i've instead been using the chemical stuff- benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid, glycolic acid- to help it go down.

It's been two days since i've changed products, and there's no change in the acne swelling, and im quite impatient for results. So i was thinking instead, maybe if I combine the BP/salicylic/glycolic acid with the jojoba oil; then logically, as a carrier oil, it will help in the penetration of the acidic stuff into my pores-- therefore speeding up the zapping process.

Know if this works??? Has anyone tried this????

Which essential oil did you use and how much of it? The jojoba can clog some peoples pores and then be fine on other peoples skin as well...

Dont do that, your asking for major irritation. ITA agree w rubber sheep -- it could be the jojoba so there's no sense in using more of that. Also, adding products to jojoba oil is not always a good idea for two reasons. 1. you are diluting them, and they may become less effective or the jojoba oil may even act as a buffer ie keeping it off of your skin. 2. not all ingredients are soluble in oil, so mixing them at random is not a good idea -- glycolic penetrates very well on it's own, and acts as a penetration enhancer for other ingredients like retinoids but adding jojoba oil wouldn't help it.

Also, if you have big cysts, you may be better off to go for an antibacterial product bc your main concern is likely to get rid of the infection causing the inflamation, which means that either BP or polysporin are good bets, or any other topical you have that has antibacterial properties. The less irritation the better. Adding salicylic and glycolic at this point would probably just cause more redness, but if you really want to add one, use the BHA rather than the AHA bc it has more antisceptic qualities.

Do be careful though, I've often found when mixing stuff to zap a zit right away I end up doing a lot of damage to the surrounding skin and even if the zit goes right away the red mark it leaves is larger.

I have decent luck with using oregano oil in jojoba oil. For spot treatment I mix them 50/50 for the reason that oregano oil is too strong to use pure. Sometimes zits will shrink to complete non existence and leave no redmark in just a day for two, and sometimes the bigger ones will leave a redmark.

I have decent luck with using oregano oil in jojoba oil. For spot treatment I mix them 50/50 for the reason that oregano oil is too strong to use pure. Sometimes zits will shrink to complete non existence and leave no redmark in just a day for two, and sometimes the bigger ones will leave a redmark.