Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DanMan1

10 Mg Accutane a DAY

my mom works at a hospital so she has connections... she talked to a dcotr and the doctor didnt say anything... he was actually for it and is going to give me a prescription for the drub most probably monday... im excited... thanks alot for the info though man... ive been through so much shit cause of this stuff... i just want it to be gone so i can move onwith my life... wish all the best to you man...

How much are you going to take and for how long?

my mom works at a hospital so she has connections... she talked to a dcotr and the doctor didnt say anything... he was actually for it and is going to give me a prescription for the drub most probably monday... im excited... thanks alot for the info though man... ive been through so much shit cause of this stuff... i just want it to be gone so i can move onwith my life... wish all the best to you man...

How much are you going to take and for how long?

10 mg a day... as long as i clear.... and then expirment with a maintenence dose... and stick with it...

all this to reduce scarring, side effects, and initial break out...

Just take 10mg a day until it goes away.

Don't stay on it for >6 months, it's liver toxic. And about everything else toxic. Even on this dosage, which is relatively safe.

Don't stay on it for >6 months, it's liver toxic. And about everything else toxic. Even on this dosage, which is relatively safe.

How many days or months before it goes away...?? just an estimate...

I started clearing straight away on this dosage and was 100% within 3 months.

Nowadays I have very mild acne. I plan on taking another low-dose course to just get rid of it for good, even though it's not that bad at all now (it's 100X better comparitively from now to before I took it), I still feel it's worth it...

Nowadays I have very mild acne. I plan on taking another low-dose course to just get rid of it for good, even though it's not that bad at all now (it's 100X better comparitively from now to before I took it), I still feel it's worth it...

So if u had stayed on it... u would have been clear for as long as you kept taking the pill right? thanks alot man for the info... and how bad would you say ure acne was??

So if u had stayed on it... u would have been clear for as long as you kept taking the pill right? thanks alot man for the info... and how bad would you say ure acne was??

My acne was pretty bad, it was all over my back, chest and face. Really nasty.

My body cleared within a month, and my face followed completely after 2 months.

If I'd kept taking accutane I'd have been clear 24/7. It's a bad idea however because the drug is very harsh on the liver, so I wouldn't recommend more than six months unless you're being monitored, and even then i'd say it's a bad idea.. To be honest on 10mg/day I wouldn't even bother getting a bloodtest because nothing is likely to happen to you unless you're drinking every night, however after the 6 month mark, my doctor told me the liver can start to have trouble.. You won't want to stay on the drug either for >6 months, because the side effects can really get to be an annoyance.

my advice? Take the drug @ 10mg/day, get a bloodtest once or twice, then after 6 months come off. if the acne returns, well then you may need the maintenance course, but it shouldn't be anything more than a zit here or there.

My acne was pretty bad, it was all over my back, chest and face. Really nasty.

My body cleared within a month, and my face followed completely after 2 months.

If I'd kept taking accutane I'd have been clear 24/7. It's a bad idea however because the drug is very harsh on the liver, so I wouldn't recommend more than six months unless you're being monitored, and even then i'd say it's a bad idea.. To be honest on 10mg/day I wouldn't even bother getting a bloodtest because nothing is likely to happen to you unless you're drinking every night, however after the 6 month mark, my doctor told me the liver can start to have trouble.. You won't want to stay on the drug either for >6 months, because the side effects can really get to be an annoyance.

my advice? Take the drug @ 10mg/day, get a bloodtest once or twice, then after 6 months come off. if the acne returns, well then you may need the maintenance course, but it shouldn't be anything more than a zit here or there.

allright kool... thnaks alot man... thats basically the same places i have it... its not really bad though... just get like some white heads on my cheeks which cause minor scars and take weeks to go away... its annoying hope the accutane will help... thanks alot man... i appreciate it

Hi....I juz came back from seeing my doctor about my bad case of acne. I was prescribed with accutane at a low dosage of 10mg per day. Plus, he also prescribed me Bactrim to control the initial breakout...in other words, he's using a 'combination prescription' i guess. He mentioned that he's tried this method on many severe cases and it was a winning combination! It will take 2 months before I can see the results. I'll hope for the best!

Hi....I juz came back from seeing my doctor about my bad case of acne. I was prescribed with accutane at a low dosage of 10mg per day. Plus, he also prescribed me Bactrim to control the initial breakout...in other words, he's using a 'combination prescription' i guess. He mentioned that he's tried this method on many severe cases and it was a winning combination! It will take 2 months before I can see the results. I'll hope for the best!

Glad to hear... the only thign is on 10 mg a day... there shouldnt be an initial breakout should there?

Does anyone know... with a dosage of 10 mg of accutane a day how much less oily your face will get?? or is that enough of a dosage to cause chapped lips?

Does anyone know... with a dosage of 10 mg of accutane a day how much less oily your face will get?? or is that enough of a dosage to cause chapped lips?

100% less oily and yes.

I went a month at 10mg/day and then 2 weeks at 20mg/day without noticing chapped lips. My skin wasn't as oily thouhg and my body acne cleared within the first two weeks at 10mg/day.

I also did not experience an initial breakout by increasing my dosage slowly.

I have just a couple more comments about your strategy:

A dermatologist is a doctor but a doctor is not necessarily a dermatologist. Go see a dermatologist and don't get a doctor to prescribe you Accutane because your mom asked him to. and;

If you want your acne to go away DO A FULL COURSE OF ACCUTANE. If your acne is bad enough to warrant Accutane it will likely return immediately after stopping at 10mg/day. I have also read that long-term ACcutane use, even at low doses, is worse for you than a shorter, higher-dose course.

What you are proposing sounds like a waste of time and money and detrimental to your health.

I went a month at 10mg/day and then 2 weeks at 20mg/day without noticing chapped lips. My skin wasn't as oily thouhg and my body acne cleared within the first two weeks at 10mg/day.

A dermatologist is a doctor but a doctor is not necessarily a dermatologist. Go see a dermatologist and don't get a doctor to prescribe you Accutane because your mom asked him to. and;

If you want your acne to go away DO A FULL COURSE OF ACCUTANE. If your acne is bad enough to warrant Accutane it will likely return immediately after stopping at 10mg/day. I have also read that long-term ACcutane use, even at low doses, is worse for you than a shorter, higher-dose course.

What you are proposing sounds like a waste of time and money and detrimental to your health.

That cant be true... theres a big difference between 80 mg and 10 mg... and this wont be continued for probably more then 2 years... i dont see how it can be bad for my health at such a low dose when the much higher doses are tolerated.

He said that his acne is mild.

It's funny that the only place where there's controversy over tane is America, where unsuprsingly they use much higher dosages. Trust me, you do not need such a high dosage if you're mild-moderate.

But I do agree that 2 years is too much, stop after 6 months. it's liver-toxic.