Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mistermihai

My Accutane Log

Hello Ladies 'n Gents.

Name's Mike, 16, Born in Romania, blah blah.

I decided to swing by and post up my experiences with Accutane.

I took these pics today 10/10/06, but am 21 days into the Treatment.

I'm on 40mg dosage, once a day.

I had just shaved at the time of the pics.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Here is my full story. As I said previously, My name is Mike, im 16 and born in Romania. For the past four years of my life, I have suffered from moderate acne I believe. I have tried everything there is ranging from Proactive to differin, Duac, Evoclin foam, adoxa tablets, and many other products found at your local pharmacy. In those four years, I have not had success with neither of the products and accutane is my last resort. I've been surfing this forum for the past couple of weeks reading all the personal regimens and all that fun stuff, and I finally decided that it is my turn to post my story. At the time of this post, I am currently on day 23 of accutane. The current dosage that I am on at the moment is 40mg of a Generical type of accutane named SOTRET. I take one pill a day every afternoon. I weigh 168 lbs and am a pretty big guy I guess, so this dosage shoud not be too much for me. Like I said earlier, Im on day 23, and from day one to now I have barely noticed any sideeffects. For the face, the drying effects are very rare even if I don't moisturize for 2 days and for my lips, if I use chapstick 3 times daily I am fine. As for the break out period, I have not really noticed it yet. From today on, I'll keep you guys upated on my progress as much as possible. I have some questions here that maybe you guys and gals can answer.

1.) Based on my pics, can you guys and gals notice any scarring?

2.) Im 5,8, stocky build, 168lbs,- does my dosage seem a bit low?

Thanks in advance, Mike

I barely see any scarring!! If there is any there, its very shallow and will heal very quickly. Accutane should clear you up really nicely!! I start tomorrow... I am scared!!! :)

Hi Mike! I don't think you really need to worry about any scarring. At your age, your skin regenerates very quickly and judging from your photos, you seem like a fast healer. As for your question about the dosage, I too am taking 40 mg/day (I'm on Day 13). I am a twenty-five-year-old female who weighs 127 lbs at 5'6.5". My family doctor wanted me to start at 60 mg/day but Accutane is not available in 60 mg dosages here. At any rate, it's better to start on a lower dosage as your body adjusts to the medication. I have already had some minor side effects (like dry itchy skin), but they are starting to subside as my body adjusts to the medication. Hopefully your side effects will stay minor and you can look forward to taking a higher dosage in a few weeks as well. Best of luck to you!

I barely see any scarring!! If there is any there, its very shallow and will heal very quickly. Accutane should clear you up really nicely!! I start tomorrow... I am scared!!! :)

Hey thanks alot for the quick reply. What dosage ya starting on?

Good luck with it

we are on the same dosage, although i am well into the first month. not really noticed that big an improvement although there is a slight improvement in most of my problem areas. have a look at my log.

Hey guys, thanks for the replys. Ya in these 23 days, I have seen pretty good improvement in my cheeks. I dont get too much active acne anymore. Everymorning prior to acutane I would wake up with one gone and three new ones around where it used to be. Is there anything wrong with using redness reducer creams while on accutane. I just bought Eurcerin redness remover and before I use it, I just wanted to know if any of you guys had any experience with redness removers, do they actually make a diffrence or just clog up your pores?

Thanks, Mike