Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
theklown

So Sensitive!

So I been on the regimen for about 3 months now and Im still peeling. If nething touches my face with a bit of force it will peel like crazy. Im guessing this isn't normal because by 3 months I shoulda got used to it right? ahh man :(

Any help appreciated

Not abnormal at all. I peeled badly probably up until 6-7 months. I have pretty sensitive skin. At the 5-6 month mark you should start using a lotion with Alpha Hydroxy Acid in it; it will help with the peeling. I use the green-capped Eucerin lotion, which is an intensive formula normally for hands (it has oil in it), but it helped me. You certainly shouldn't be making any judgements for another 3 months. Stick with it. The peeling is annoying, I know, but it will eventually go away.

You could also consider shifting down the dosage a little bit. You've probably got sensitive skin like me.

Not abnormal at all. I peeled badly probably up until 6-7 months. I have pretty sensitive skin. At the 5-6 month mark you should start using a lotion with Alpha Hydroxy Acid in it; it will help with the peeling. I use the green-capped Eucerin lotion, which is an intensive formula normally for hands (it has oil in it), but it helped me. You certainly shouldn't be making any judgements for another 3 months. Stick with it. The peeling is annoying, I know, but it will eventually go away.

You could also consider shifting down the dosage a little bit. You've probably got sensitive skin like me.

cheers for the reply, got some of that eucerin renewal on order with lactic acid in it so hopefully that'll take care of it.

I see you got killa results with the regimen and its certainly given me a bit more hope, how bad was ya skin before you started?

5-6 months before using a lotion with an AHA in it? Why? Your skin should be fine with an AHA as soon as it's used to the BP and done with the "hardening" stage.

damn dave...i would love to see ur skin before the regimen

No you wouldn't! :lol2:

5-6 months before using a lotion with an AHA in it? Why? Your skin should be fine with an AHA as soon as it's used to the BP and done with the "hardening" stage.

It took me quite a while before my skin was completely immune from BP irritation. It was a conservative estimate. In reality it's usually much less time, but people have been reporting serious irritation even at the 3 month mark.