Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
WisGirl25

Okay....tonight begins the regimen

Generic Cetaphil Cleanser (Home's Best is the brand)....check

Neutrogena On the Spot 2.5% BP (Holy Christ this stuff is expensive--almost $5 for .75 of an ounce?).....check

Eucerin Skin Renewal Moisturizer.....check (BTW, this was hard to find. Is it new? It took me 4 stores before I found it. I ended up getting it at Shopko.....where do you guys buy it???).....check

We will see how this goes. Hopefully it will work better than this generic Proactiv (AcneFree) system I've been using for the past year.

Dan, thank you for all your advice. It's clear to me that you've done the research and are doing your best to help others find success. I am sick of being self-conscious, and I want people to look beyond my face so I don't feel like they're staring at it when they're talking to me.

I'll try and post a log.....

yay! Your products look good. The reason you had a hard time finding Eucerin Renewal is because it is being discontinued as of this month! If I were you, I'd go back to the store you found it, and stock up, it'll be disappearing soon.

Good luck and I look forward to reading of your progress, and don't hesitate to post with any questions you may have.

best wishes!

i'm starting it tonight too... cetaphil bar soap cleanser, neutrogena on the spot, and neutrogena moisturizer..i've stopped using chapstick today, which i've been usuing every day for years..turns out i dont even really need it.. and no new ones popped up around my mouth which is a good start. hopefully it will continue with the regimen

WisGirl, you might consider ordering dan's CSR gel in place of the On The Spot. It works great for the regimen because you get a much larger tube of it. I also think its the best BP out there.

:think: isnt Eucerin Skin Renewal Moisturizer for those only on week 4+ on the regiment? it has AHA in it, kindsa strong if u r new to the regiment...

PS: havent been on the boards for sometime, maybe it was a different brand, kinda forgot. .. havent been on the board for bout 4 months, etc

:think: isnt Eucerin Skin Renewal Moisturizer for those only on week 4+ on the regiment? it has AHA in it, kindsa strong if u r new to the regiment...

PS: havent been on the boards for sometime, maybe it was a different brand, kinda forgot. .. havent been on the board for bout 4 months, etc

Dan,

I bought the Skin Renewal because Dan recommended it the most of all of the moisturizers. My most recent regimen I finished was AcneFree (generic Proactiv), which I was on for almost a year-and-a-half. I gobbed the stuff on. In the past, before Skin Renewal, I used Renewal (this stuff: http://shop.store.yahoo.com/buyinprivate/euclotrenalh.html ), which actually says on the bottle "AHA". I never had a problem with it being too strong. On this Skin Renewal I bought now (like in this pic: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...&s=hpc&n=507846 ), it doesn't even mention the AHA. I guess it's sort-of confusing to me. I always say I could probably spread bleach on my face and it wouldn't notice because I have used nearly every product!

I'm going to try it and see. It doesn't burn AT ALL, and I like the way it feels when it goes on. My skin sort-of glows.

i'm starting it tonight too... cetaphil bar soap cleanser, neutrogena on the spot, and neutrogena moisturizer..i've stopped using chapstick today, which i've been usuing every day for years..turns out i dont even really need it.. and no new ones popped up around my mouth which is a good start. hopefully it will continue with the regimen

Chapstick causes breakouts for you around your mouth? Which do you use, I use Lip moisturizer spf 15.

cheers

Kevin

Chapstick causes breakouts for you around your mouth? Which do you use, I use Lip moisturizer spf 15.

cheers

Kevin

i'm pretty sure it does..i havent used it in 4-5 days and a havent got any new crazy ones around my mouth. i was using the one you speak of, and the medicated. both seemed to cause it around my mouth. it felt like it was. i thought i absolutely couldnt live without chapstick but turns out it's not that bad at all without it

I noticed that most kinds of Chapstick caused me to get acne around my mouth also. And then I found out about Carmex about a year ago, it has small amounts of salacylic acid in it and other beneficial products to help acne, so far I've had only a couple small pimples since I started using it, and they heal so much faster. :dance: