Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
balloonhead

Unbeatable Spot Treatment (and cheap)

This is the best spot treatment i've found. Its a BP, tea tree oil combo. Makes my forehead pimples shrink, dry up, scab over and peel off in 3 days max.

Apply pure TTO to spot

Apply big glob of BP cream/gel

Reapply pure TTO ontop of BP cream/gel

Don't rub in, just let it sit there for as long as possible - go to sleep or even apply it in the day when you're just at home. (Or if you're going out you could apply it but rub it in so its invisible).

I've never tried any sulpher spot treatments which are supposed to be good but in my personal experience I really don't see how you can get much better/faster results than this.

I get good results with oregano oil mixed with jojoba, which is similar to tea tree oil. A few of my spots will shrink to non existant size in a matter of days, leaving no red mark. Others are more stubborn and take longer to shrink. But it seems to get pimples to come to a head faster.

ok, have both of these things, but how do you keep the second application of tto on top of the blob of bp from running all over? I get these zits on my neck if I eat nuts or pork products that take weeks to heal and they get red and sore. Am always looking for something to spot treat and get them to heal and clear up fast.

You can also buy DDF's BPO w/ TTO

http://www.kineraseusa.com/DisplayProducts...?criteria=12852

They also have a BPO w/ sulfur but since sulfur doesn't work for you then the above would be your choice.

If you are sensitive to BP and hate the fact that it stains your clothing, towels and sheets you can use SkinMedica's Acne Toner. It has 2% salicylic acid and tea tree oil.

http://www.kineraseusa.com/DisplayProducts...?criteria=18510

don't have any sesitivity to bp, just want to know how to keep the second application of tto from running down my neck is all.

its quite hard to stop it from running all over. i just let it happen and then wipe off where i don't want TTO to be. The 2nd application is probably not vital, but i find it helps the BP cream absorb better so apply it under and over the bp.

I thought the DDF TTO and BP lotion might crop up in this thread. I don't think it will have the same results as using 100% pure TTO though.