Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

if you want to have a red face for 24-48 hours after it then its ok. :D

In my case i don't need facial treatments, i use herbal procuts instead to soothen and make my skin acne free.

I've never had one. There seems to be so many types, which one should I get? Do they help?

I go every few months or so and just get EXTRACTIONS. If you have those little milia-type bumps or blackheads, they are good for that. They really won't do anything for big pimples or anything to prevent more zits. They just put a bunch of expensive products on you, which will most likely irritate. At least that's my experience. Try to find an esthetician who will just do the extractions, if that's what you want. Lots of spa facials will say that they "include" extractions, but the one time I went and had one, the lady spent so much time putting all her crap on me (basically just expensive bp - even after I TOLD HER THAT BP irriated my skin), she didn't have time to do all the extractions. Waste of time and money.

facials are awesome, keeps your skin clearer. it takes a while to show. maybe about three to four days because ur skin has to heal. its true ur skin is red after. for me, the day i get the facial and the day after.

i get a facial every month and they use yonka products after they do extractions. which soothes the redness. its good.

I've only had one, last July my aunt took me as a graduation/birthday gift. I really loved it, but couldn't afford to get them regularly (it was $85 + tip, although you don't have to give a tip if you absolutley hate it)

I liked it, and it did make my skin clearer (temporarily). It felt nice though. I also got extrctions, those hurt but it's pretty much the most effective thing for clogged pores.

As far as what kind to get, it depends what sort of results you're looking for. The facial I got was a pretty basic one, it didn't really specialize in anything. This is from the Spa's website that I had it done at:

"Deep cleansing facial customized for your skin type. Includes steam

with enzyme peeling, extractions, ampoule treatment, aromatherapy

massage, and mask."

I'd suggest looking up spas in your area, and looking on their websites what sort of treatments they offer. Reading descriptions might give you an idea of what you want.

Spas will be the most expenisve. I got lucky and found an independent medi-esthetician who is awesome. I go every few months for extractions. She just washes, and exfoliates my face, extracts, and then will sometimes do some frequency zapper thing that kills bacteria, or put some bee propolis on it. She charges me $50, and she always has really great tips. She knows about natural/naturopathic/diet stuff, as well as more conventional treatments. If you can find somebody like that, who you like and trust, and will kind of "get to know" your skin, I recommend it.

Yup, I agree with cjb that facial is only good if you are going for the extraction. Otherwise, the whole 'skin is so smooth' sensation only lasts about one to at most two days.

In my experience, I find that facials are not really necessary. I first went for facials because I was breaking out really bad. I thought they would help, but on hindsight, they really didn't do so in any substantial manner. The extractions helped somewhat, but it's only temporary because my pores get clogged again really fast and no one in their correct mind would want to have daily extractions. I was pretty torn about it because I was also very confused about the extent facials are helping my acne.

The point of enlightenment came by when I got busy preparing for my exams and had no time to go for facials. That was also when I started (after usual washing) to exfoliate my skin with baking soda followed by apple cider vinegar (rinse off when it's about dry) daily, and my skin got clearer. It was then that I realise, with proper cleansing regime at home, no one really needs facial. I went without facials for months and my skin got better just by taking care of my skin on my own.

facials are awesome, keeps your skin clearer. it takes a while to show. maybe about three to four days because ur skin has to heal. its true ur skin is red after. for me, the day i get the facial and the day after.

i get a facial every month and they use yonka products after they do extractions. which soothes the redness. its good.

Do you use Yonka products as part of your normal skin care routine? If so, do they work at controlling your acne? Which products do you use? Did you detox when you started using them?

-Shelly

I looovvveee facials. I get teen acne facials at a salon near my mother's house, but theyre $65 a visit. They'd probably be more effective if I got them more often but theyre too expensive.

yea my facial is 50$ in aus, just basically steams face and opens pores then cleans nad puts some creams and massages all that crap, extracts black heads from nose, then some more stuff like steaming and more cream and such, felt really nice but my face was kinad red after it