Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kj1982

accutane please

im off to the derm tomorrow for my first appoinment, im trying to get accutane, wish me luck that i get a nice derm who gives it to me. :pray:

i will post accutane journey if i get it.

by the way if i do get it anybody know how soon you start, cos you have to get blood tests dont you?

i started less than three hours after mentioning it to my derm. it depends on the doctor, though, and if they know you, etc. i'm at the derms office all the time lol, so she was like 'i know your blood results will be ok, and i know youre not pregnant so here's teh prescription and pick it up on your way home'

oh thats cool. i never been so they will not know me. i had blood taken at the docs just a few weeks ago to check if i have overactive thyroid (and i dont), somaybe that will be enough? i dont know, but i just hope i can have it, i dont care if its in a week or something. i really think accutane is my last chance for clear skin.

how is your experience going?

Best of luck, kj1982. I'm interested in finding out if they'll give it to you instead of throwing crappy retin-A and antibiotic prescriptions at you.

thanks, but i already had the crappy retin a and differin and a few antibiotics from the doc. just fed up of them all and want accutane. my appointment is only 18 hours away :dance:

i will post here 2moro to let you all know how easy i got it if i got it :pray:

best of luck, and don't back down! refuse antibiotics or crappy topicals lol!

i'm on day 11, and so far so good i think. i'm starting to get some side effects - peely, sensitive face, dry lips, dry eyes and sometimes the resulting headache, dry itchy scalp, itchy skin on my body, and some joint pain. but i've already gone through the 'initial flare up' i think [knock on wood] and i can see some improvement in my skin. and from what i've heard this point in, getting on the two week mark, is the worst and then some of the side effects calm down. i'm really excited to have perfect skin!

im off to the derm tomorrow for my first appoinment, im trying to get accutane, wish me luck that i get a nice derm who gives it to me. :pray:

i will post accutane journey if i get it.

by the way if i do get it anybody know how soon you start, cos you have to get blood tests dont you?

Good luck. I'm seeing a new derm on friday so let's hope we both get the answer we want.

thanks everyone. my fingers are crossed. i wonder if these derms know what they put us through when they say no :evil:

I was all excited to go to the derm just like you. The doc looked at my face and just wrote the prescription no discussion in and out in 5 mins. THe dissappointing part was when I was told each pill is $50, I got scared / worried / stress, then I got the generic accutane for $5 w/ insurance so all is good.

lol same for me, my doc has been trying to get me to go on accutane for years.. i've been able to keep it under control till like a month ago, so io gave in haha

For me, it depended on my insurance. The company (and as they explained it to me, most all US insurance companies) requires that you first seriously try topical creams and antibiotics before it allows accutane to be perscribed, due to its enormous cost.

And then there is the whole blood test thing. Which took them time to send away and such.

So they might not want to give you right off the bat. Plus - for other more pratical reasons. Accutane is harsh on... everything. I am wishing on every star I see that I don't have heart problems, liver complications, depression, deformed children, permanently super dry and fragile skin, back pains, nose bleeds, etc. The list is so long, they literally gave me a book. If you can get that beautiful skin by using antibiotics or, like, diferin, DO IT.

Good luck :D

well been to the derm, did not get accutane cos i did not actually see a derm, saw the nurse who went through everything with me and said that my acne is not severe enough but the derm may prescribe based on the phycological effects that acne is having on me. had my blood tests and go back in 2 weeks to see if i can have it. wish me luck and any advise on how to get accutane please

im making an appoitment with mine too to get it on, and worried that my skin isnt "bad" enought to be put on.

Just make your case. Hell your the one paying him/her.

I know for me I have done PLENTY of research, and know a lot about accutane and its side effects etc.

For me, acne has caused a lot of psycholigical problems, and hoping my derm will take that into consideration.

im making an appoitment with mine too to get it on, and worried that my skin isnt "bad" enought to be put on.

I know for me I have done PLENTY of research, and know a lot about accutane and its side effects etc.

For me, acne has caused a lot of psycholigical problems, and hoping my derm will take that into consideration.

When I first thought about suggesting Accutane to my derm, I was extremely nervous that he would deny it to me. I had this whole little speech ready to go to persuade him but when I got there, it wasn't what I expected at all. He was telling me that he was going to put me on retin a b/c differin wasn't working for me. So I said "What about Accutane?" He was like "well when it boils down to it, it's your money and if you feel like you want to try Accutane that's fine." I had been dealing with acne for 15 years and had try all kinds of stuff before so I'm sure my acne was persistant enough to qualify for Accutane in the first place. Definantly pour your heart out to your derm and let him know how upsetting acne has been for you, and that you have tried numerous things but nothing has helped thus far. Let him know that you have researched it and you know what to expect. Good Luck!

When I first thought about suggesting Accutane to my derm, I was extremely nervous that he would deny it to me. I had this whole little speech ready to go to persuade him but when I got there, it wasn't what I expected at all. He was telling me that he was going to put me on retin a b/c differin wasn't working for me. So I said "What about Accutane?" He was like "well when it boils down to it, it's your money and if you feel like you want to try Accutane that's fine." I had been dealing with acne for 15 years and had try all kinds of stuff before so I'm sure my acne was persistant enough to qualify for Accutane in the first place. Definantly pour your heart out to your derm and let him know how upsetting acne has been for you, and that you have tried numerous things but nothing has helped thus far. Let him know that you have researched it and you know what to expect. Good Luck!

thanks i will give it my best, going on 27th

well been to the derm, did not get accutane cos i did not actually see a derm, saw the nurse who went through everything with me and said that my acne is not severe enough but the derm may prescribe based on the phycological effects that acne is having on me. had my blood tests and go back in 2 weeks to see if i can have it. wish me luck and any advise on how to get accutane please

I see no reason why you would have blood tests done unless they are willing to prescribe Accutane. Did you have to pay for the tests? If you go back in 2 weeks and they dont' give you Accutane, throw up a fuss about the unnecessary blood work.

Demand Accutane !!!! don't take a no for an answer. If you feel you need accutane for sure scream it out to the damn derm :doubt: There are many ways to get accutane.

I see no reason why you would have blood tests done unless they are willing to prescribe Accutane. Did you have to pay for the tests? If you go back in 2 weeks and they dont' give you Accutane, throw up a fuss about the unnecessary blood work.

well cos i saw a nurse she gave me the blood work cos then if i need accutane i can have it that day. she said as i have no cysts i may not get it. wish she could see me now with 5 cysts on my face. just cos i did not have any that day does not mean i do not get them, but dont think she beleived me.

anyway i just hope my skin is bad on the day and then i should get it, i have moderate acne btu having 4-5 on top of all the rest every month sucks. i dont have to pay a thing, nhs in britain is free, we dont have insurance like you guys