Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Demonic-Charmed

My Acne is ruining my future!

My dream is to be an Actor but having acne, even alittle bit doesn't help at all. It makes me more shy, which is not a good quality and how can I get a photoshoot with ugly pimples? I also would like to be a model, I have the right height and looks everything, but no I have to have disgusting skin. And I know everyone here has gone through this, but if I wanted to be a doctor or something else that doesn't require good looks then I would be like fine you know who cares about the acne it's gonne dissapear. With the rate of people making it famouse these days Iv'e got to start acting young, I can't wait 5 years untill it dissapears and have the chance of scaring.

It also makes me nervous to speak to new people or girls. All I can think about is if they are thinking how many pimples I have this week or looking at them. I really just hope this roaccutane clears everything up, I need it and I don't deserve acne. I'm sorry if I sound cocky, but seriously theres no where else I can post all this BD or talk about it.

THanks for reading this.

Guest tenshigirl25

i looked at your gallery..yeah, u are good looking..could def be a model. your acne is just mild though, i see your on accutane. are u aussie? dont worry, im on it too for 4 months now and my skin has changed dramatically as will yours..

as for anti-social..u have the power to change that, no-one else. u cant stop ppl from saying or thinking shit, but u can react to it by turning it around and saying thank-you. dont let it drag u down...ur young and probably have a promising future..you'll be right soon..

i used to model and i can tell you from experience that models have the worst skin of any profession lol! you just can't see it cause their either touched up [in print] or have so much makeup caked on [runway/promotional].

but i feel you on the having less self confidence when broken out, it makes you not want to show your face eh? i hattttee acneeee lol! that's wht made me stop going for interviews. i did voice-overs for a while, try that, it'll get you in the business and give you some experience without having to worry aobut your skin. it;ll buy you some time til your tane kicks in and add to your resume

im in the same boat. but there are actors with scars. but maybe u can be an edward james olmos or ray liotta or james woods.

i looked at your gallery..yeah, u are good looking..could def be a model. your acne is just mild though, i see your on accutane. are u aussie? dont worry, im on it too for 4 months now and my skin has changed dramatically as will yours..

as for anti-social..u have the power to change that, no-one else. u cant stop ppl from saying or thinking shit, but u can react to it by turning it around and saying thank-you. dont let it drag u down...ur young and probably have a promising future..you'll be right soon..

What dosage are you on/been on? and you 'Demonic-Charmed' Cus seems like us three have mild acne and all on it so I was just wondering... Im on 40mg

Guest tenshigirl25

my acne wasn't mild when i started accutane..oh no..i had cystic acne...all over my cheeks, forehead and chin...about 23 whiteheads in total and about 4 small cysts and many blackheads...im 4 months in at 40mg now and my face has cleared dramatically...yeah, my acne was mild from 17 to 21 but it became clear and then exploded into th more severe type early last year.. part of me thinks that's why it worked so well, because i had the cystic type and not mild..

Hey thanks everyone for your replies :)

I'm on 40mg of roaccutane a day on my 6th day (and no side effects) Tenshigirl I'm from Australia, Melbourne. Hopefully myface clears up like yours did, makes me feel better to know other people went through the same thing ;)

Sorry if this question is personal, but did anyone go through depression with the accutane? I feel fine lol

i havent been on accutane although i shud had but ive heard it actually makes some ppl depressed lol

i always wanted to be an actress, to use glamourous clothes and all that, but i think my dream is dead now, i couldnt make it as an actress, although i wish i was one

ur a good lookin guy, im sure u get a chance sooner or later :D

Thank-you Intoxifornication, but I think you can still be an actress. They can clear your skin for the camera's, just start out as an extra getting small parts in different shows or movies.

I'm not that good looking....

And as for the depression, I think maybe thoes people were bound to end up depressed or already had it before the roaccutane, because how could someone getting clear skin make you more depressed? :s

Guest tenshigirl25

thats what i always thought...i dont think accutane makes u depressed. i think if u have depressoin, it may make it worse...or more sensitive/moody..tired. but not depressed.

thats what i always thought...i dont think accutane makes u depressed. i think if u have depressoin, it may make it worse...or more sensitive/moody..tired. but not depressed.

well i dunno since i havent been on accutane, thats just what i read :angel:

its good it doesnt makes u depressed tho ...

Guest tenshigirl25

Thank-you Intoxifornication, but I think you can still be an actress. They can clear your skin for the camera's, just start out as an extra getting small parts in different shows or movies.

I'm not that good looking....

And as for the depression, I think maybe thoes people were bound to end up depressed or already had it before the roaccutane, because how could someone getting clear skin make you more depressed? :s

when someone says your good looking, just say thankyou..otherwise u pull yourself down a notch and the person giving the compliment...i just say this because its the little things we hear that count..so try to beleive it and yeah, it's true..u are good looking.

Maybe if you wore your cap properly that'd help you in interviews.

Geez it's just a picture. I don't wear caps anyway :hand:

Ok thanks for saying I'm good looking, and I hope thats true Fayth :dance:

Good luck everyone! :surprised:

That's not scaring, there pimples, if they go away and there's still marks there then it's scaring. You shouldn't tell people what they have cause I think they would know their own face better.

I really really wanted to be a model. I'm 6' tall and 120lbs...naturally. The whole acne thing held me back. I realized that my wanting to be a model meant I approved of the superficiality society has. It would only make me more concerned about my skin. Plus, I don't live in modeling-central and have no money or time to put into travel. I would still take the chance I guess if it came to me (a photographer happened to ask me to meet him on friday), but I hope you realize that modeling is a purely superficial business. I accepted that I got a lot of things that a model would have BUT having good skin just wasn't one of them. It doesn't seem fair but it's not fair for someone who is really short or overweight, either. Sorry if this comes across wrong, but it's so ironic that we hate having crappy skin but want to pursue careers that make people like us think we have to be flawless.

ive been told i should model but then i think "HAVENT U SEEN THIS ACNE ON MY FACE HOW AM I GONA MODEL?"