Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jtr

Emu Oil?

im quite desperate to try this to help my redmarks and just help my face .. but can i only buy it online? i dont have a credit card or debit card so doing so is hard.

ugh.

It comes from the emu bird. It's a moisturizer. You rub a couple drops on your face. Google it.

I dont think it's online only.

I bought mine from an all natural store. So if you have that kind of store around your place, look it up there.

I've been using emu oil for a week and though I dont notice any major difference, it certainly works well for active acne.

Emu oil fuckin sucks. It's greasy as hell, and makes me breakout like shit and doesnt heal active acne.

Stay far away from it if you have sensitive skin. Use Marshmallow vanishing cream by burt's bee's instead.

Just like everything, it doesn't work the same for everyone. IMO, it rocks! I love my emu oil. It doesn't make me break out, it IS oily because it's an OIL, but it does dry and is only greasy for a little while. If you apply it the right way, it is a great moisterizer. I have been using it for a little over a month and I do notice a difference in my skin. It's more supple and has some color, my scars are less noticeable. There are tips one should follow when buying/using the oil.

Pure, you want pure oil, watch out for oil that is full of junk.

Only need a small amount and apply it to a DAMP face, using it on a DRY face, isn't going to work.

Rub it in good, gentle but good.

Dont over use it, apply one to two times a day.

After reading about it’s popularity on this board I had to try it. Don’t know whether it’s just the one I’m using but find I have to mix it with a little of my moisturiser rather than applying simply to damp skin otherwise I end up really dragging it in. I’m also finding it tends to sit on my face and feel a little greasy even though I use it so sparingly. I can't be sure but I think it's given me a few pimples, if not it hasn't helped heal them any better than they would without it and it's the pure oil. I like the sound of Emu Light: Clear / Light Emu oil has all the same properties of regular Emu Oil, but allows for faster penetration in the skin because the heavier components have been removed http://www.newdirectionsaromatics.com/emu-light-p-1156.html They don’t sell it on the Australian site and I feel rather silly ordering it from America when this is the home of the emu. I read the potency between some commercial emu oils varies too, not unlike manuka honey, some being more active than others.

Another good oil is olive squalene, which comes from olive oil. This oil is suppose to give you the same benefits as emu oil, but without the emu. It's a bit more expensive too. Google it to read about it.

After reading about it’s popularity on this board I had to try it. Don’t know whether it’s just the one I’m using but find I have to mix it with a little of my moisturiser rather than applying simply to damp skin otherwise I end up really dragging it in. I’m also finding it tends to sit on my face and feel a little greasy even though I use it so sparingly. I can't be sure but I think it's given me a few pimples, if not it hasn't helped heal them any better than they would without it and it's the pure oil. I like the sound of Emu Light: Clear / Light Emu oil has all the same properties of regular Emu Oil, but allows for faster penetration in the skin because the heavier components have been removed http://www.newdirectionsaromatics.com/emu-light-p-1156.html They don’t sell it on the Australian site and I feel rather silly ordering it from America when this is the home of the emu. I read the potency between some commercial emu oils varies too, not unlike manuka honey, some being more active than others.

im quite desperate to try this to help my redmarks and just help my face .. but can i only buy it online? i dont have a credit card or debit card so doing so is hard.

ugh.

I bought my emu-oil at the health section of Walmart. It really does calm my skin and helps with active acne.If you still feel greasy after applying for 30 seconds, then you have put too much. It is the best soothing moisturiser I have used so far......

I use jojoba oil and it doesn't give me breakouts. Does this mean emu oil won't give me breakouts either? I hope not.

Emu oil is by far the best product for afflicted skin. However, only a few drops are needed. I'm using it as a moisturizer in my all-natural regimen, and 2ozs lasts me for months. It's wonderfully gentle. If your face feels greasy, you're using too much.

I love Emu oil as it leaves my skin soft and never broke me out. I mix a drop or two into mymoisturizer for the added moisture. If you use too much or on dry skin it will sit on your face like an oil slicked layer.

I got a sample from High Cascade (google-able) and it has lasted me a few months already.

I bought mine from a market at a stand selling emu products and was using two decent sized drops so I’ve tried just one after reading people’s posts. Definitely better although I still don’t think it’s being absorbed that great by my skin maybe because of mixing with my normal moisturiser or because some of these oils are actually greasier and thicker than others. Otherwise is it just that some skins absorb it better than others.

Thanks Jess, I looked up olive squalene since I’d never heard of it before. Interesting that it’s found in human sebum and is particularly rich in shark oil. May check it out at some stage.