Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
~TEPL0~

Thinking about Accutane

I'm using the regimen, and my acne looks mild. On my back and chest acne is pretty bad, and if I stop eating a careful diet, and stop using BP on my face, I will break out really badly to the point of severe acne. (I've tried stopping BP, and that's what happened). My face is so oily that I have to wipe it off with a paper towel every 2 hours.

Can accutane dry my face too much?

Should I eat all kinds of junk and stop using BP before going to my dermotologist, so he is convinced that I have severe acne?

whenever i have an appointment with my derm, my skin is like perfect that day lol. i think this happens a lot, and they are used to it so just tell them that.

my derm is kind of an asshole though; he wants me to wait until I'm 23 for accutane, and I told him that it's scarring and there's stuff on my back and chest, and he gave me some cotton pads soaked in alcohol which I threw away after a couple of days, cause they're useless.

I'm stuck with him though. In my university it takes a long time to get a referral, and even longer to set up an appointment. If it's a follow-up, it should be faster.

my derm is kind of an asshole though; he wants me to wait until I'm 23 for accutane, and I told him that it's scarring and there's stuff on my back and chest, and he gave me some cotton pads soaked in alcohol which I threw away after a couple of days, cause they're useless.

I'm stuck with him though. In my university it takes a long time to get a referral, and even longer to set up an appointment. If it's a follow-up, it should be faster.

Why "23"? What is significant about 23?

Why "23"? What is significant about 23?

yeah cos im 23 and want accutane, does that mean i got better chances? lol

I'm using the regimen, and my acne looks mild. On my back and chest acne is pretty bad, and if I stop eating a careful diet, and stop using BP on my face, I will break out really badly to the point of severe acne. (I've tried stopping BP, and that's what happened). My face is so oily that I have to wipe it off with a paper towel every 2 hours.

Can accutane dry my face too much?

Should I eat all kinds of junk and stop using BP before going to my dermotologist, so he is convinced that I have severe acne?

If stopping the bp and eating more liberally makes you break out then I suggest you do it. I mean hands up anybody who is sick of using bp??? That's everyone then. Plus having to eat like a buddhist monk is not much fun.

your organs stop growing at 23 apparently, so they will be able to stand up to the abuse from accutane. I agree with that opinion, but I'm sick of spending time putting on BP every day, and running to the bathroom every 2 hours to wipe off the oil from my skin.