Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
maddison_gummy

Looking for cleanser that is pH balanced

I have fairly sensitive skin and i heard that pH balanced cleansers wont strip your natural layer of skin. Just wondering if u've used any good ones lately and would like to recommend anything like this. Thanks in advance!!

the stuff i use is pH balanced. it's called avalon organics vitamin c cleanser. kinda spendy.

I have fairly sensitive skin and i heard that pH balanced cleansers wont strip your natural layer of skin. Just wondering if u've used any good ones lately and would like to recommend anything like this. Thanks in advance!!

Hey what are you using now? :)

I use Spectro Jel which is the best cleanser I have ever used, and it is pH balanced.....another popular one that is also pH balanced is Cetaphil.

It's worth the moolah to me. It has white tea extract, lavendar, chamomile, and a lot of other ingredients that are beneficial to your skin + minimal chemicals and no harsh ones. A bottle of it is 10 dollars and should last a couple months.

yeah, arent all phisoderm face washes ph balanced? i believe so. and those you can get at any store really

yeah, arent all phisoderm face washes ph balanced? i believe so. and those you can get at any store really

Vernacular Skin Works: Very Gentle Cleanser

www.vernacularskinworks.com

a super gentle cleaner, gauge the amount you use by the dryness of your face 20 minutes after washing.

I've been using it for the last 3 months and even though I still break out, I really like the cleanser, and you can tell it is absolutely non-irritating. It's also excludes any type of soap, sulfate, or fragrance. good luck :)

In USA it's called Johnsons Head To Toe Baby Wash and available in supermarkets.

http://www.drugstore.com/qxp14457_333181_s...sh_original.htm

In UK it's called Johnsons Baby Top To Toe Wash and available in supermarkets.

If it irritated babies we'd never hear the end of it so its very good and can be used as a shampoo as well. check the reviews at drugstore.com. I prefer the USA version but the UK one is fine. The ingredients differ slightly.

Yeah, I'm using Johnson's Baby top-to-toe wash at the moment too after getting fed up with Oxy facewash which seemed to be just too harsh and really tighten up my skin.

Even though its not a specific facewash, I figured if its gentle enough for babies it should be OK for the skin on my face. Plus aftert visiting a few american shopping sites, I compared both 'Purpose' face wash with the top-to-toe baby wash, and the ingredients are (almost) identical. It says its PH balanced, but stops there without mentioning whether its balanced to the PH level of the skin or eyes. (By the way does anyone know the levels for both...? Are they similar or totally different ranges..??)

So I've been using the Johnson's wash for about 2 weeks, and although it does feel more gentle it seems to leave my skin really really flaky, with strips of visible skin on my cheeks and forehead. I never used to get this with the Oxy wash, but that used to contain salicylic acid which may explain that, cos SA is supposed to have exfoliating properties if i remember correctly...

But overall I have noticed the difference between the Oxy and the Johnsons baby wash in that although it leaves me more flaky (this may be just due to the fact that its so gentle it isn't aggressive enough to detach any flakes when rinsing..??) I have noticed my face seems less red and any spots I have remain skin coloured, rather than become red and angered which used to happen with the Oxy.