Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
truthd

Coffee Enema and Natural Healing for Acne

Hello! I'm here to get some feedback on a regimen I've been trying for awhile. It includes a number of things that a nutritionist provided me with. Along with some of my own ideas.

Coffee Enema:

3 cups distilled water.

Bring to Boil, add 3 talblespoons ground organic coffee.

Boil 20 minutes, use coffee filter and let cool to room temp.

Add distilled water to coffee mixture to make 32oz.

Use enema kit, once all 32oz is inside retain 12-15 min. Lay on right side to help coffee clear liver.

Flush everything out.

Drink required 3 juices atleast 45 minutes apart.

Link has some info on this processs. http://www.ineedcoffee.com/01/01/enema/

Juices:

In conjucuntion with coffee enema drink 2 of one juice and 1 of the other.

All juices are 8oz total

Juice 1 -- Green Apple and Carrot

Juice 2 -- Watercress, Red Cabbage, Green Apple, Green Pepper, and Lettuce

Vitamins:

Squalene (Shark Liver Oil) 2 capsules 3 times a day

Vitamin C Buffered 1 tablet 3 times a day

Evening Primrose Oil 2 capsules 3 times a day.

Collidal Silver recommended dosage (10 day use of 2 tblsp a day)

Pysllium Husk (Fiber supplement) at bed time daily to help maintain regularity.

Safi (Indian Blood purifier) 3 times daily.

Calendula Cream on face at night, and as needed. (I ended up having to buy the Gel form which he didn't think was as good).

Diet:

Along with these things he recommended that my diet played a huge factor and needed to be changed. He recommend organic foods. I was to stop eating any types of sugars (including fruits). I was to elimintate most sources of protein as he said the parasites in my blood were feeding on it primarily. That protien I was to have should come from wild fish, or occasionally organic things like chicken. He thought that avoided processed chicken was very essential to eleminate the antiobiotics they are fed from entering my body.

Basically my diet was to consist of mostly vegetables (potatoes, greens, etc.) In the morning natural oats for oatmeal, and eating alot of them to help with bowel function.

Results:

For the first 2 to 3 weeks my skin stayed generally the same. Small pimples, and no major clearing of the blemishes I already had. However I had been doing everything (including eating 90% well) except the coffee enemas-- which I hadn't done a single one of. At this point my skin was started to break out worse, including a large cystic type of blemish on my nose that made me look very red. The following week I got some advice to continue to give this a chance. I was told that the coffee enemas were a very large part of making this work. So for the next two weeks I did about 11 coffee enemas in 14 days. Also note that I was using a volcano mud daily on my face to exfoliate my skin. The first week of the coffee enemas was amazing. My skin started to clear up dramatically. Cystic type of blemishes simply just started to fade away rather then getting redder and coming to a head. I was very amazed at this point about how this was working. A couple days before that I had run out of squalene. The only local version I could find was a less potent one in combination with Vitamin A. The past week from around New Years to now my skin had gotten quite terrible. The past week my diet has been fairly good, with a few screwups like eating a couple pieces of bread and eating some sugary granola. I got overconfident in the results and started to lapse back into old habits. though my diet was still fairly good. I continued up until a couple of days ago to do all of the things recommended, but my skin has gradually gotten worse and worse. A couple of days ago I decided to continue the regimen but to go back to taking my Bactrim antiobiotic which had previously kept my skin clear. Ive been taking Bactrim again for 2 days with no results yet, but I suspect it will start working in a week or so.

Summary:

Im very confused about the effectiveness of how this regimen is/was working. I had 1 week of amazing improvement and almost no new blemishes. The next week my skin absolutely got horrible. Several new blemishes every day, up to today. My skin is extremely dry and I have on occasional used a topical antiobiotic to help that I previously used before. However Im still baffled that I was using nothing with antiobiotics and my skin was getting much better. My diet got slightly worse but was still pretty good and my skin started breaking out terrible. I ate a small loaf of bread one night and the next my skin had several new pimples. Now that Im backing to taking antiobiotics I wonder if I should have simply given this regimen more time to work. Or if it simply just wasn't going to work for me. Im planning I think on using the antiobiotics until my skin clears up again and then give this another try, and in the mean time continue doing both the antiobiotics, the enemas and the vitamins.

Please share yours thoughts.

NOTE: I was also taking two homepathic medicines he gave me. Several pellets a day, about 5 times a day. I could get the names if anyone was interested, he said they would help balance out my body.

Here's some background on me too!

Background:

I've had acne since I was probably about 13. I'm 25 now. Its been very extreme at times and I would definetly consider myself as a severe case. Throughout my teens I had seen dermatologists on and off, some prescriptions helped clear up my skin for awhile. Almost every time though eventually I'd stop my meds and my acne would slowly return. Around 20 I decided I didn't want to cure my acne through a dermatologist and tried several regimens including a long usage of B5 (10-15g a day for almost 2 years which didn't work).

About 2 years ago I decided to try something different. I changed my diet to eleminate sugar (refined, I still ate fruits) and complex carbohydrates (breads, pastas and starchess). I still continued the use of my B5, and Udo's choice oil blend. These things seemed to help, but I broke down and went to see a dermatologist. I ended up getting a prescription for Bactrim DS, along with retin-a micro. I continued doing all of these things together. Amazingly it cleared up my skin, but the problem was I wasn't sure what was clearing up my skin exactly. It could have been a combination of the things, or just the derm's prescription. Though I do believe that diet had a large effect. Once my skin cleared up I tended to eat worse, but still healthy. My skin got worse but was still generally clear and breakouts were rare. I woke up for a few months thinking how nice it is to be able to look into the mirror in the morning and not worry about what I would see.

Around a year ago my presciption for Bactrim ended, my derm wanted me to take a blood test before she would prescribe more because of worries about my white blood cells. I didn't have insurance at the time and ended up trying to go a more pure route and forego antibiotics. After a month my skin started breaking out. After two months I couldn't bear to look in the mirror, I was embarrassed to see my girlfriend. I went back to my derm and agreed to take a blood test once my insurance kicked in (about 3 months later). Bactrim DS cleared my skin up again. I also still used Retin-A micro, and a topical foam clyndamicin. During the two months when my skin was breaking out badly I decided to quit the B5 which didn't help me at all. I tried a completely healthy diet with alot of natural foods, that didn't help me much either. Afterwards I contributed the Bactrim to being the one thing that helped my skin the most. This all took place around the spring of last year. I continued taking Bactrim up until about 5 weeks ago. My skin was somewhat clear, but started breaking out more because of my frequently missing doses and eating fairly unhealthy (lots of breads, sugar etc). When I stuck to my doses and eat better my skin got clearer, but not completely.

For Thanksgiving I went home. There my uncle brought me to a nutritionist/natural healer who examined my blood. It was amazing that there was so much bacteria in my blood, and the presence of white blood cells was so extremely low. I decided then to listed to what he told me to do and give it a try. The instructions he gave me are what is listed above.

I definitely think you should have given it more time.

Well, thats what Im thinking too. I've still been taking the vitamins and doing most of the stuff, including the enemas over the past few days. The only difference is Ive been taking my antibiotic again. If I decide to quit taking it again Im sure 3 days worth of it won't completely destroy my body like 3 months of it would. I would imagine my white blood cell count is much higher now then before (part of that can be seen in the numerous whiteheads Im getting I guess).

For the first week of the coffee enemas I completely thought I found the solution. I was very elated, and pretty amazed at how quickly it seemed to be working. However this past week and a half has been really hard. Every day seems to just get worse and its difficult living a busy life with bad skin. Part of my fear is that today I started my semester of classes. I work full time, and go to school full time. Im not sure I can maintain the intensity of the diet (eating right) and taking all my vitamins on a consistent basis with both work and school.

How long would you give this regimen? Its only been about 2 weeks since I started on the coffee enemas.

Enema's basically clear the lowest regions of the bowel of almost all fecal matter. That's all they do. About the only reason I've ever heard that made sense for regular use of enema's was for people very concerned about cleanliness who planned to engage in certain sexual acts regularly and would typically give an enema anywhere from 2-6 hr before.

Didn't even think of that, but probably. Quick google turned up this warning...

"Frequent or improper anal douching can lead to constipation, irritation in the lining of the rectum (which can increase risk for HIV/STD), or damage to the rectal walls."

Stop the coffee enemas! Eleven of them in 14 days?! Sheesh.. your poor liver and colon. You know, they are really powerful and should only be done in moderation (like everything). And White, you are exactly right about enemas clearing out the good guys. You have more microbes in your body than you do cells, and if those get out of balance, a myriad of problems can happen -- resulting in acne!

Guest Gentle~Rain

coca cola contains caffeine too, why didnt you use that :)

:shock:

:naughty:

:razz:

You probably broke out more due to releasing a lot of toxins. That would always happen to me when I started a good cleanse.

For those who are intrested in the results of this.

Update 1/16/06

I ended up deciding to stick with this regimen for awhile longer. I went to two days where I took antibiotics, but ended up stopping after that. I've also made some modifications in my diet, sleep habits, and the number of coffee enemas Ive been doing.

The results are pretty good. My skin stopped breaking out badly. In fact its not really breaking out at all anymore. Every other day or so I'll get another whitehead or two but they've been pretty rare. There is still alot of scarring and red marks from the previous breakout so my skin isn't very clear.

The changes Ive made so far are as follows:

1) Coffee enemas 3-4 times a week. (As opposed to trying to do 5 or 6)

2) Better sleep habits. I've been consistently getting 6+ hours of sleep a night. I along with the Dr. Im working with contributed alot of my previous breakout to new years weekend in which I only got 12 hours of sleep and worked 34 hours in a three day period.

3) Changes in diet. Ive been avoiding any types of sugar, or products with more then 2 or 3 grams of sugar. Ive also increased my intake of vegtables, eating more brocoli and spinach. While in the same breath trying to reduce my intake of all types of protein. If Ive had to eat protien its been mostly wild fish (salmon), or on occasion small amounts of organic chicken.

I'll keep you guys updated. So far though Ive been pretty optomistic with the changes over the past week or so.

Good for you! That's awesome that it's helping too.... that always makes it easier to stick with it. I don't think you have to worry about limiting protein, esp since wild fish and organic chicken are good sources.

I don't know much about coffee enemas, but 3-4 enemas a week does sound like a lot. Maybe cut it down to 1? and BE SURE to take some acidophilus, eat yogurt, kefir to replenish good bacteria.

I'd be wary of anyone who recommended that I squirt coffe into my colon and stop eating protein. But that's just me.

The person I saw while home has a Phd and practiced as a doctor in a hospital. Eventually he went on to study in India and Germany, and there under a man called Hans Nieper (google him if your intrested). So while you may be skeptic, I'm somewhat trusting that the man knows what he's doing. Unless he's been flat out lying to me, and even in that case his knowledge on health matters seems to be pretty sound. Every alternate source Ive talked to seem to think that he knows what he's doing.

However the results will show more then anything I can say, and on that note I'll try and keep you updated on my progress or lack thereof.