Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Luvya

BP Gel vs Neutrogena On the Spot

I was wondering...has anyone used both BP gel and Neutrogena's On the Spot? I am currently using On the Spot and am thinking of switching to Dan's BP gel but i heard it can turn your face really red. I have very little if any redness with the On the Spot but it can leave white streaks along my jaw where the BP builds up from rubbing it in when i apply moistuizer. I was hoping that the BP gel would soak in better b/c its a gel and not a cream. Just wanted to know if anyone has any suggestions.

I started with On-the-spot before switching over to the BP Gel. First off, the price of the gel is much more reasonable then the Nuetrogena considering its size. I never experienced any burning or redness due to the gel either. I like how it goes on clear and absorbs MUCH better then On-the-spot which always was a big white flakey mess.

Hands down, get Dan's bp gel. It's not as drying and it absorbs in the skin with no white residue. I was just like you and started with Neutrogena on the spot and love using the new gel now.

Hands down, get Dan's bp gel. It's not as drying and it absorbs in the skin with no white residue. I was just like you and started with Neutrogena on the spot and love using the new gel now.

Hear hear. Here are some reasons:

- Price. Value is much better.

- Consistency. Because it's a gel, it is a true "vanishing cream", clear, and is absorbed much better because of its consistency. On-The-Spot WILL make you look like a vampire, because it pastes up and never fully absorbs, especially at the speed you're recommended to rub it in.

- It also takes less time to finish the application with the BP Gel.

I was wondering...has anyone used both BP gel and Neutrogena's On the Spot? I am currently using On the Spot and am thinking of switching to Dan's BP gel but i heard it can turn your face really red. I have very little if any redness with the On the Spot but it can leave white streaks along my jaw where the BP builds up from rubbing it in when i apply moistuizer. I was hoping that the BP gel would soak in better b/c its a gel and not a cream. Just wanted to know if anyone has any suggestions.

I did try the Neutrogena's On the Spot... it is good, it dries the acne a day or two as long as u are using it 2-3x a day but the bad news it leaves scar marks on your face, that was my problem right now... and so I decided to use the Pro-activ Solution and I have a lot of friends and co workers saying my face is getting better and asking me what I am using and so I told them about the Pro-activ. The Pro activ is also BP. I like this product... the Neutrogena, Clearasil, Clean and Clear didn't work for me at all. It just giving me break out and black heads. Hope you will find that works for you. Good Luck!

Just a warning - Dan's gel will probably make your face red and itchy for about a week until your skin gets used to it, even if your skin is already used to the Neutrogena. That's what happened to me, anyway! But stick with it, the switch is definitely worth it.