Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

In the past 3 months I think I've been getting oil, I tried to apply no creams or no toner but it still get's all oily, how do I prevent it, I'm doing gylcolic peels too.

Maybe try using a product to balance oil production -- I've heard of people trying jojoba oil or hazelnut oil for this. I've also read a little about using Niacinamide topically to reduce oil production, which is what I'm trying out now (as of yesterday so too early to report much). I also think that my skin produces less oil when I use a sunscreen, though I don't know if that has to do with healthier skin from less UV exposure or bc my ss has zinc which is an astringent, or all of the above.

FYI, if you're still using your regimen, differin isn't meant for daytime use, and it's pretty hard on your skin to use it with no sunscreen (bc it can thin the epidermis, making the dermis more exposed to UV damage), same with the BP so both of those together with no sunscreen is probably not in your best long term interest.

u cant really get RID of oil but could control it with a cleanser called OAT from bath and body works. It controls the insulum nd helps balance moisture as well. Or look for a cleanser that is ph balanced and controls oil/shine. Doesnt have to be oil free either, some oil free products only dry it out and ur skin will like oil 2x worse than before to compensate.

I wish there was something that can get rid of it permanently. :(

Thankfully though since I switched from SA washes (neutrogena) to gentle washes (purpose) my oil has been less....so I can't complain. :doubt:

Or look for a cleanser that is ph balanced and controls oil/shine.

All cleansers do is wash away the oil, so they do "control" oil/shine, but only in that limited sense.

Doesnt have to be oil free either, some oil free products only dry it out and ur skin will like oil 2x worse than before to compensate.

Uh, no. It doesn't work that way. Your skin doesn't "compensate" by making more oil. See the thread from around November 29 in this same forum entitled "Does sebum help 'moisturize' the skin??".

Bryan

You cant get rid of oil permanently but you can prevent it. Do a daily routine of washing your face, applying skin cleansers, and dont forget to add moisturizer so your skin wont be that damaged.

i've just started using plexion cleansing cloths and they seem to control oil pretty well. they're prescription so talk to your dermo. however, i also take adoxa and use benzaclin, which dries up my oil as well.

try oil blotting sheets?? or you can try vitamin b5 (pantothenic acid) or fish oil... some people say it works..

dont wash more than 2-3 times a day. my face gets EXTREMELY oily too, and Retina is only supposed to be applied at night. so it doesnt do much for me during the day. :(

I also find oil very annoying, you take a shower and you look so fresh, then after a few minutes/hours, your as oily as french fries from McDonalds... damn..

In the past 3 months I think I've been getting oil, I tried to apply no creams or no toner but it still get's all oily, how do I prevent it, I'm doing gylcolic peels too.

Smoothbeam did the trick for me!

I use to have oily patches like during the middle of the day but I'm using Caudalie energizing fluid which I got as a trial product but it was so good (skin felt smoother, more vibrant and at last fewer oily patches!! - well not totally but by like 75%).

You can get a free sample of it if you want by visting this contact link at bottom of the page and just fill in the from and ask them for some free samples stating the energizing fluid and use the excuse because you try the range first before opting to buy the full sized products.

Maybe try using a product to balance oil production -- I've heard of people trying jojoba oil or hazelnut oil for this. I've also read a little about using Niacinamide topically to reduce oil production, which is what I'm trying out now (as of yesterday so too early to report much). I also think that my skin produces less oil when I use a sunscreen, though I don't know if that has to do with healthier skin from less UV exposure or bc my ss has zinc which is an astringent, or all of the above.

FYI, if you're still using your regimen, differin isn't meant for daytime use, and it's pretty hard on your skin to use it with no sunscreen (bc it can thin the epidermis, making the dermis more exposed to UV damage), same with the BP so both of those together with no sunscreen is probably not in your best long term interest.

anyone remember years ago clearasil ads in magazines. it was like a black page or something and you had to put your face on it to see if you left an oily mark. if you did then OMG YOU SO NEED TO RUSH OUT AND BUY CLEARASIL! yeah right. or mybe it was biactol then. it was back in the day!

15years on and i still would be just as scared to do the clearasil black page test thing in front of anybody.

you need to control/reduce your androgen production like DHT

fish oil

cut out simple carbs

zinc

saw palmetto

lots of water

no juice/soda/coffee